Veloster Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Here is another person having problems. Popped up on FB

My hvac also went out around 70000 miles. Took dash apart and found this BS. Contacted Hyundai of America main office with these pics and pointed out that their use of inferior gage wiring for the amps going through them was going to get someone killed. They sent an email inferring that they’d foot the bill to replace it. Their rep called me after 5 the next day when I was already at work, and I called back to leave the best times to contact me. She proceeded to call 4 or 5 more times all at times outside of the time frame I’d given. Usually after I was already at work. Then I received the email..

Attachments

My switch started dying about 3 months ago in my 2012 with 132k. I smelled something like burnt wires, then the switch turned intermittent with 2 and 4 working, then days later 3 and 4, then when the temp turned to 102 degrees, nothing. I pulled the trim and saw that the connector and wire to the switch was melted. So, with the warranty gone, my only option is to get a switch from somewhere. The problem I see with changing out the unit is that won't fix ALL of the problems, since the wires melted as well. View attachment 124532 View attachment 124534 View attachment 124536 View attachment 124538 View attachment 124540
I sent an email to hyundai on 10 July 2019 and asked it they new there is a problem somewhere in the wiring is this system, and seems to be systemic. Awaiting reply.
Hi did you got any reply from them?

View attachment 131975 My hvac also went out around 70000 miles. Took dash apart and found this BS. Contacted Hyundai of America main office with these pics and pointed out that their use of inferior gage wiring for the amps going through them was going to get someone killed. They sent an email inferring that they’d foot the bill to replace it. Their rep called me after 5 the next day when I was already at work, and I called back to leave the best times to contact me. She proceeded to call 4 or 5 more times all at times outside of the time frame I’d given. Usually after I was already at work. Then I received the email.. View attachment 131978
View attachment 131975 My hvac also went out around 70000 miles. Took dash apart and found this BS. Contacted Hyundai of America main office with these pics and pointed out that their use of inferior gage wiring for the amps going through them was going to get someone killed. They sent an email inferring that they’d foot the bill to replace it. Their rep called me after 5 the next day when I was already at work, and I called back to leave the best times to contact me. She proceeded to call 4 or 5 more times all at times outside of the time frame I’d given. Usually after I was already at work. Then I received the email.. View attachment 131978
Hi can I please have that same phone number you just call ? Thanks

Mine only functions on speed 1. Knob turns to 2/3/4 but the power doesn’t connect with them. Waiting for Hyundai to replace it. Seems to be a continuous issue with Veloster a. Wish they would have done a recall on the part and replace it for owners.

There is a TSB issued by the nhtsa back in December of 2016 for certain model years. Just bought a 2016 with the same issue. Car was built in April 2015 for the new model year. TSB shows part Numbers of effective units and the part numbers for replacement units.

Mine only functions on speed 1. Knob turns to 2/3/4 but the power doesn’t connect with them. Waiting for Hyundai to replace it. Seems to be a continuous issue with Veloster a. Wish they would have done a recall on the part and replace it for owners.
here is a TSB issued by the nhtsa back in December of 2016 for certain model years. Just bought a 2016 with the same issue. Car was built in April 2015 for the new model year. TSB shows part Numbers of effective units and the part numbers for replacement units.

Same issue with my daughters car 2016 turbo. Car is out of warranty 90,000 miles and when I called Hyundai customer care they state there is not a recall on any AC knobs/heater knobs or control unit switch. The TSB that I found 16-01-070 - Hyundai states that is not their campaign and it is not valid. Parts are $450 and labor is $200 at local dealership. Does anyone have the Hyundai recall number I can reference?

you can swap that out on your own in about 30 minutes to be honest...

Reactions: cutiecar
So TWO of us have had this problem? Then it's official: Veloster = POS. :p

Mine was ordered on a Monday, arrived in time to be installed that Wednesday. Too bad I couldn't get in until that Saturday... It didn't take too long to do, I think I waited about 90 minutes from drop off to drive off. That also included some time investigating the progress of the evap leak update that hadn't been released yet.
I have the same problem the exact same issues, it worked for a bit by jiggling it around. Now its completed done working, it has been a few months, I barely drive.

This car is the worst car I have ever owned! --- I owned a brand new POS SATURN too, wayyyy back in the 90s, so me saying its the crappiest car I have ever owned — speaks volumes to the lousiness of these Hyundai cars!

Mine is a 2012, has 92K(or so) miles on it, the transmission was replaced about 60K miles and about 65K miles the engine was replaced. Thank goodness those were under warranty.

This AC knob problem, ugh, and its obviously a problem with the manufacturing of the car. Hyundai should fix it for us. I live in South Florida, this summer has been brutal!

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Cute car, yes, garbage manufacturing, also yes.

Mine just went out completely. I can't get the ac fan blower to come on at all. I have a 2013 Veloster Turbo. I'm a single female and I don't have $500+ for the dealership to fix. What are my best options? I've read posts in forums and watched YouTube videos on replacing different things, but I don't even know where to begin. I live in SW Florida..... even though we're in January, air conditioning is definitely needed! Tonight it was raining and I couldn't defog my windshield because of this fan blower issue. It's quite annoying! Your suggestions are welcomed......

41 - 54 of 54 Posts