Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to get a new set of wheels because i dont really like the 2016 Turbo OEM ones. Most of the wheels i'm finding that don't break the bank are 29lbs. depending on how much the OEM wheels weigh, do yall think that this would be worse for performance or gas mileage significantly?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,249 Posts
It’s 26 lbs…

My enkei m52 17s are 20lbs. Don’t have to stay on 18.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I really want to get a new set of wheels because i dont really like the 2016 Turbo OEM ones. Most of the wheels i'm finding that don't break the bank are 29lbs. depending on how much the OEM wheels weigh, do yall think that this would be worse for performance or gas mileage significantly?
In both cases, the answer is no.
Heavier wheels and tires will possible be felt in the suspension and the ride however.

·
Registered
124 Posts
A lot of variables actually. INERTIA... takes more to get the greater mass rotating... AND... it will take more to STOP the greater mass rotating. So yes, it can possibly effect performance negatively.

Another thing to consider? UNSPRUNG WEIGHT. A lot goes in to the development of the suspension.... I understand wanting to change appearance and if I were doing such a thing, I would be looking for a wheelset that was LIGHTER than stock.

But that's just like, my OPINION, Man!

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts