Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2015 base V and has only 33200k on it. I have had two batteries installed...keeps draining overnight. I am getting a P0456 error code (cannister probably) and my hatch does not open anymore unless i craw in through the back and use a screw driver on the latch.

I am bringing it to a Hyundai dealership soon and hoping that some of these will be covered under what is left of the warranty.

Is it cheap parts, build quality or what is wrong with this car?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not sure about your battery drain issue, but the other 2 are common points with the Veloster. There is a canister recall, and there are fixes for the hatch issue. Once you work out the couple of bugs I think you'll like the car. All cars will have issues. Did the previous owner install an alarm system or something that could be killing the battery? I have not heard of any other Velosters having a battery drain issue

Reactions: jkt1954

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a hatch issue as well, wont open unless i crawl in through the inside and pop it.
dealer said it would be about 140$ bucks to fix WTF....
it seems the button on the back caved in...

·
weekend racer
7,401 Posts
the button can be had on ebay and it takes about 30 minutes to install, just need a little patience removing the rear plastic in the hatch. there are videos on ebay.

the part number for my button with camera harness (they are different if you don't have one) was 81260-2V010

Reactions: misnblu
1 - 5 of 5 Posts