Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Veloster 4 cylinder, no turbo with the tech package
I've been looking for for specs on the amp, but I haven't uncovered any yet.
I recently acquired a cabinet with two 10"in kenwood subs and my question is pretty general.
Is it possible to wire those subwoofers to my stock amp without installing a new head unit? essentially I'd be disconnecting my stock subs and wiring the kenwoods to the stock amp.

Any audio wizards out there? I basically have no idea what I'm doing because I've never attempted this before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently acquired a cabinet with two 10"in kenwood subs and my question is pretty general.
Is it possible to wire those subwoofers to my stock amp without installing a new head unit? essentially I'd be disconnecting my stock subs and wiring the kenwoods to the stock amp.

Any audio wizards out there? I basically have no idea what I'm doing because I've never attempted this before.
Here is a pin- out for our audio
E33CFA73-291A-4FFD-B1F3-501333E57001.jpeg
F9810B6D-CB1D-46BC-A502-5A6B57720654.jpeg

·
Registered
19 Posts

I actually scoped the built in amp in my 2015 Veloster with the Dimension audio system and built in 8 inch sub. It's awful! The sub was a dual voice coil with each channel running a "massive" 31 watts RMS. You won't do any damage to the stock amp assuming the subs are preferably 4 ohms. I think I measured the resistance (not impedance) of the stock 8 inch voice coils to be around 2 ohm. However, a paltry 31 watts per channel is not going to do anything as far as output on your Kenwood 10" subs.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
133 Posts
Or stick with the stock subwoofer lol. Nothing sounds good at 90db anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts