Veloster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last gen Tiburon was a pretty decent sports car. Since this is supposed to be a replacement for the Tiburon I was thinking if it would be a good choice for a sports car. For example if someone was looking for a fairly cheap sports car that has decent looks and has good handling would this be one of the cars to look at? The expected MPG would be just an added bonus.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
it should be a "decent" sports car. i wouldnt expect anything too stellar. it will be a car that is cheap on gas, has a pretty sporty feel to it at the same time still reasonably priced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
With what has been confirmed the Veloster won't be that great of a sports car but with what hasn't been confirmed then I think we have a winner on our hands. A 1.6 Turbo or 2.0 making 180hp-200hp and is going to compete in Europe with the VW Scirocco(which we have seen it being tested with in Germany) which forces the Hyundai to have a range from 120hp to 210hp then I fully expect a sporty version to come out maybe not right away but we will definitely see some production testing when the first version launches.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
it should be a "decent" sports car. i wouldnt expect anything too stellar. it will be a car that is cheap on gas, has a pretty sporty feel to it at the same time still reasonably priced.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. I envision a Honda CR-Z killer coming our way...

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would be wrong if I didn't say I was buying this car to be a sports car, I just don't think it will be in similar classes as a Camaro, Corvette, Skyline, etc.

I think it will fill my needs though - an everyday sports car that can be used as an everyday driver and still turn heads.

·
Registered
145 Posts
No, the regular variant would be a sporty hatch at 140HP. The turbo if available would be a great sporty hatch. Sport car? Spend $50k+.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No, the regular variant would be a sporty hatch at 140HP. The turbo if available would be a great sporty hatch. Sport car? Spend $50k+.
You're right with the first half of your post. However there are a lot of very capable sports cars that can be had for under 30k.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts