Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Veloster non-turbo manual transmission that shifted fine but not shift when running now. It shifts fine when the engine is not running. I see no leaks at the master and slave cylinder and have bled the system. Any ideas?

Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 馃か
I have a 2013 Veloster non-turbo manual transmission that shifted fine but not shift when running now. It shifts fine when the engine is not running. I see no leaks at the master and slave cylinder and have bled the system. Any ideas?
You're saying it shifts fine when not running but do you know if it's engaging?
What exactly happens when it's running? You're not clear when you say it's not shifting. Is it shifting but not engaging the clutch or you can't gat it in gear via the shifter assembly when it's running?

Some clarity in what you're saying will help us interpret your problem. 馃憤

Registered
If in fact it won't go in to gear at all when the engine is running, I daresay it sounds like a synchro issue.

Have you tried double clutching it to see if it will go in to gear? Tried gears other than1st? Reverse?

Have you tried a rolling start? Put it in 1st gear, depress the clutch, get it rolling and then pop the clutch to start it? If it fires up when you do that, then it's obviously engaging the gears... but if the gears are not engaging at all, then it could even be a linkage issue.

Good luck there... that's about all I can think of at the moment.

Reactions: Doclundquist

weekend racer
2014 VT manual
you can also try to push the car with the trans engaged but e-brake off. MC/SC failures don't always manifest in a mess though...

Reactions: Doclundquist
1 - 4 of 4 Posts