Veloster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your Hyundai questions answered - The Globe and Mail

Canadians buy Hyundais at twice the per capita rate as Americans, but get a five-year warranty instead of a 10-year warranty.

Let’s be clear on what’s going on here. Hyundai does offer a 10-year power train warranty in the United States – but it applies only to the original owner. Hyundai officials tell me that if that vehicle is sold, the second and subsequent U.S. owners have power train coverage under the 5-year/ 60,000-mile limited warranty.
Hyundai Canada spokesman Chad Heard also notes, “Laws in Canada don’t allow for this kind of warranty program, so Hyundai vehicles in Canada have a five-year/100,000-km warranty that is fully transferable.”

·
Registered
553 Posts
but there are other differences too. I think in the US its 5 years of roadside assistance, while ours is only 3.

however, this warranty package is still ahead of many other companies. My mazda was the standard 3 year / 60k, no roadside. I think most now offer roadside for 2 years.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The REAL reason is because they get to watch videos while driving and play them straight from USB. ;)

hahahaha you are just as jealous as i am!!! well in case you didn't hear in some other threads they found out the head units in these cars run windows CE so hopefully we can get the video playback featured enabled on our US velosters very soon. there are people already working on it so keep your fingers crossed!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
hahahaha you are just as jealous as i am!!! well in case you didn't hear in some other threads they found out the head units in these cars run windows CE so hopefully we can get the video playback featured enabled on our US velosters very soon. there are people already working on it so keep your fingers crossed!!!!
Yep, I've been following that thread more than any other here since I joined. I've got to go pop some more popcorn and go back and watch it some more. :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yep, I've been following that thread more than any other here since I joined. I've got to go pop some more popcorn and go back and watch it some more. :D

i'm having a slow day so far here at the office (i think it might be the rain) so i am obsessing. i am a total instant gratification kind of person. so i hope that by the end of the day they make some additional progress. it sucks knowing every other country has that feature and we do not.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Windows, yuch! I'm surprised it works so well, thought it would be Linux.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My v has the same cancer problem. Maybe they got their steel from the same steel supplier as mitsubishi! I have the rust control module from factory, and oil sprayed since last year. I've had a body job already under warranty and it's looking like it needs another but the warranty has run out and the rust module's warranty is BS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
dvanvught
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing