Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know what specs I can run with these flares if anybody runs them. I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to knowing what specs to run for good fitment. I've never purchased my first set of wheels before.

·
Registered
16 VT
1,182 Posts
You can run stock wheels if wanted; I would see a local shop.

·
Registered
07 WRX, 12 Veloster NA, 71&70 VW Type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
511 Posts
Fitment calculator
Start with stock size and adjust from there. Just note you will likely need to trim the metal of the fenders to fully utilize the extra inch or two the flares provide.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,491 Posts
most folks don't bother to show their measurements with the flares... you can rough it using a ruler and determine where you need to be but you'll never know for sure until you actually put the flares on and measure.

ZG flares seem to be the most common. those stupid EGR look absolutely horrid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
most folks don't bother to show their measurements with the flares... you can rough it using a ruler and determine where you need to be but you'll never know for sure until you actually put the flares on and measure.

ZG flares seem to be the most common. those stupid EGR look absolutely horrid.
Ok thanks and ikr, the egr looks god awful lol.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
777 Posts
I just want to know what specs I can run with these flares if anybody runs them. I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to knowing what specs to run for good fitment. I've never purchased my first set of wheels before.
View attachment 134368
Ever thought about the fact that your wheel bearings will take an immense amount of load as would the handling of the car?
Bump steer would be through the roof and your Dave Point would be non existent with that setup unless you reconstruct your suspension to offset the extra offset.
If you're a hard Parker not such a problem but for a daily be ready for lots of maintenance.

Good luck. I actually like wide body setups when done properly and look absolutely ****. 👍😁

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ever thought about the fact that your wheel bearings will take an immense amount of load as would the handling of the car?
Bump steer would be through the roof and your Dave Point would be non existent with that setup unless you reconstruct your suspension to offset the extra offset.
If you're a hard Parker not such a problem but for a daily be ready for lots of maintenance.

Good luck. I actually like wide body setups when done properly and look absolutely ****. 👍😁
Yeah, the paranoia is real when it comes to things like this but I wanna make sure I learn everything. Buying wheels are no joke. I just wanna get some specs to reference from so I can get a better idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts