Veloster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There is another further forward that is for toe.

I didn't think camber was adjustable? But what would be the point of moving the inner mounting point of the lower control arm if not for camber?

·
weekend racer
7,227 Posts
it's probably for camber. just like my mitsu lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I will undo it and find out. But I have to wait for my fancy camber gauge to come from Amazon. And since it is not a priority item, the guaranteed delivery date isn't until April 23rd...

But to reiterate, haven't we heard that camber isn't adjustable?

·
weekend racer
7,227 Posts
on the 1g it isn't for sure without shims. not sure about 2g.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the best method for adjusting camber? Do you loosen it up just a bit and then turn the bolt which way?

·
Registered
16 VT
480 Posts
Loosen the nut yeah, then turn what is pictured,(18mm?) but I usually have it on the rack and do it. I would say, educated guess, clockwise would be negative. (drivers, inverse passenger)

·
weekend racer
7,227 Posts
It’s an oblong bolt. Like what old racers would do to get extra camber on their stock strut Honda’s lol.

mark it and measure it after you move it. I think turning it outward toward the wheel will give you more camber.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't. Once I put new adjustable springs in and got ride height the same left and right, my camber evened out. Lowered 1" I'm sitting about -2 degrees in the rear.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
According to the book at the shop, they said -1.5. Originally the left was -2.0 and the right was around -1.0 from the factory but the ride height wasn't equal. Once I put on the BCRacing adjustable springs and got the ride height the same, the camber was the same left and right.

I'm measuring on my garage floor with a Tenhulzen camber gauge. But it looks right.

I am taking it back to the shop to get the toe checked front and rear. I'm setting toe at 0 with the front camber at -2.0. If I adjust the front camber to -3.0 at the track, the front toe should come in equally.

·
weekend racer
7,227 Posts
have you considered longacre toe plates? those magnetic gauges are nice too for camber.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't. I hoping to get it set up once and not have to muck with toe.

I figure that if I setup the front at 0 toe with the front wheels at -2.0. Then I can easily adjust camber to -1.0 for street driving and that will give me just a tad of toe out and if I set the camber to -3.0 for the track, I'll have just a smidge of toe in.

I don't care if I eat up my tires because I'm dying to get the new Falken RT660's. They're supposed to be on par with the RE71Rs. Of course Bridgestone will up their game as soon as I do.

·
weekend racer
7,227 Posts
you know they will!

falkens lol i replaced my direzza z3 with take-off re71r this year.

nothing beats the re71r so far. i miss my z2* though. they were amazing in the rain on track days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts