Veloster Forum banner
5081 - 5091 of 5091 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
1,094 Posts
Got the MBRP catback installed that’s been sitting in the garage for the last week. Took about 3ish hours to get the OEM exhaust off because the bolts were essentially rusted into one solid piece at the flanges, and were nicely removed through some cutting :) overall very happy with the purchase.

View attachment 135507
View attachment 135509
View attachment 135508
View attachment 135506
I see that you header wrapped a lot of the sections of the exhaust. Nice work there and I've thought about doing the same as I've got a 50' roll collecting dust at the moment. 😂

Really nice setup you have and how does it sound? 🤔
Sound clips maybe? 😁
A couple more pics of the back end would be nice too. 🙏👍
Enjoy the ride. 🤙

·
Registered
2015 VT A/T Boston Red
10 Posts
I see that you header wrapped a lot of the sections of the exhaust. Nice work there and I've thought about doing the same as I've got a 50' roll collecting dust at the moment. 😂

Really nice setup you have and how does it sound? 🤔
Sound clips maybe? 😁
A couple more pics of the back end would be nice too. 🙏👍
Enjoy the ride. 🤙
Thanks I appreciate it! The wrap didn’t take too long, but it was annoying getting fibreglass in the hands until I had the idea to use gloves :) I haven’t put the tips on yet as I was pressed for time and it wasn’t fitting, so I’ll revisit it in a few days. I’ll have to get a good fly-by video to hear the exhaust in all its glory and then I’ll be sure to post the sound clips!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

• Love
Reactions: misnblu

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,707 Posts
We doing bikes now?

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

it has the same style enkei wheels as my car.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
31 Posts
"We doing bikes now?"

Sure....why not?
I think your bike would go well with a couple of hard shell body coloured "saddle bags" for day/weekend jaunts.
My VROD replaced a Streetglide (actually owned 2) and kinda miss the saddle bags even tho I only do day trips now. Since my wife stopped riding with me a couple of years ago I figured it was time for something lighter and quicker :)......

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,707 Posts
indeed, honda brackets and bags are on my winter list.

the 700 is quiet and flawless parallel twin. much much nicer than my old buell.

Reactions: 3Pedals and misnblu

·
Registered
31 Posts
My first bike was a 1980 Honda CB750F. Smooth as butter and in mint condition. I should have kept that bike!
The Buell was on my list too once upon a time.
I'm kinda eyeing a modern day "Cafe racer" ....Triumph Thruxton R would be nice, but I digress

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
We are doing bikes now. 😂😝🥰
Considering I was wanting to track my car the bike is sooo much better to track as it's up to you to ride well, fast, and not end up in the weeds. 😆🥴
Cheaper too. 😁

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
That mask/ bra will do more damage than protect.🤷
I know because like you I had a bra on one of my cars thinking it would protect the front end while driving.

What it does do is collect very small pieces of sand and grit from the road as you drive lodging into the material of the bra and acting like sand paper on the paint.

This happened in very short time and damage was seen on parts of the front end of the car. 😔😬
I removed the bra and threw it away.
If these bra's actually worked you would see them on high end cars but the reality of it is they're a scam and people fall for it believing the marketing presented by the sellers. 😉🤷

Best protection is consistent care of the paint and washes. 👍

5081 - 5091 of 5091 Posts