Veloster Forum banner
5061 - 5076 of 5076 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo DCT
109 Posts
Dang @mobbdeep how old are you to have the knee replaced? Was the damage that bad?
Some serious compensation is required here for all this personal damage you too with this accident. 👍
Best of luck with the operation and the cars looking mint. 🥰
I don't know if I'm a bit confused by what you're saying or not but in reference to the knee replacement.. there was hidden damage to the lower control arm, steering knuckle, and strut so they called that setup a knee assembly and I called the repair job a "knee replacement." My actual knee doesn't need to be replaced.. haha but yes, the compensation for the accident was pretty nice.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
1,056 Posts
I don't know if I'm a bit confused by what you're saying or not but in reference to the knee replacement.. there was hidden damage to the lower control arm, steering knuckle, and strut so they called that setup a knee assembly and I called the repair job a "knee replacement." My actual knee doesn't need to be replaced.. haha but yes, the compensation for the accident was pretty nice.
🤦
I took 'knee replacement' for it's literal meaning. 😆
Never heard that phrase used in a suspension system. 🤷😉
Best if luck dude. 👍

·
Registered
109 Posts
🤦
I took 'knee replacement' for it's literal meaning. 😆
Never heard that phrase used in a suspension system. 🤷😉
Best if luck dude. 👍
All of this worked out in my favor and I'm honestly happy. The whole knee assembly work that needs to be done is getting covered by the other persons insurance as a supplement plus the mechanic included the brakes & rotors labor in there so I'm not paying anything for it. 😅

·
Registered
109 Posts
Traded in my '16 NAV for a '16 VT and couldn't be any happier. Definitely worth it as I was tired of how slow the NAV is and when I test drove the VT, I was like.. yup, way more torque-y. I wish I could have maybe gotten a year newer but it was in a good price range for me plus had 47K miles compared to the 84K my NAV had.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

I am a bit sad that I'm losing my Injen SRI and Evilla axle back but I'm excited to start modding the VT. 😁

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
As I got closer to my car today, this just happened to slither out from beneath! It's an Argentine black and white tegu (a lizard). It didn't seem to be too afraid and it did enjoy a half can of cat food so I'll guess it's someone's pet that either escaped or sadly was dumped. Florida has more invasive species than any other state. I'm just hoping the cats don't become this lizard's dinner!

Eye Automotive tire Hood Alligator Reptile

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Traded in my '16 NAV for a '16 VT and couldn't be any happier. Definitely worth it as I was tired of how slow the NAV is and when I test drove the VT, I was like.. yup, way more torque-y. I wish I could have maybe gotten a year newer but it was in a good price range for me plus had 47K miles compared to the 84K my NAV had.

View attachment 135308

I am a bit sad that I'm losing my Injen SRI and Evilla axle back but I'm excited to start modding the VT. 😁
Not to mention record high pre-owned car prices! You did good!

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,249 Posts
Tech model has color matched inserts on the rims abs NAVI. Style does not.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I actually found the Original Bill of Sale from the Dealer and my Veloster has the Tech package.
Got the car plated/licensed today, painted the rotors (black) and cleaned the engine bay.
I hope it was the calipers and not rotors that you painted. 😳😬 😂😁

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just finished applying a ceramic coating to my 2022 Veloster N. It was tedious, but not difficult. Any mouth-breather can do this but you have to do it correctly. I've been coating all my cars for the past few years. I'm 77 years old so I run out of steam after working half a day so this job took me three half-days.
It involves a rinse, foam canon, rinse, hand wash, clay-bar, rinse, and dry on the first half-day. The next day I used my DA with Meguiar's 205, a lightly abrasive polish to remove the swirls caused by the dealer washing the car and also remove the "paint sealant" they claim to apply but which is really just a scam to get more money from the purchaser. That took up the second half-day.
The next morning I did an IPA wipe-down of the entire car using plenty of micro fiber towels and then applied Adams Advanced Graphene coating. It's the new formulation which comes in a tiny 60ml bottle but that is enough to do two Velosters. The application is the same as the regular Adams Graphene I've used on several cars before; however, the leveling process takes a tiny bit more muscle than before perhaps because there is more resin and more of "the good stuff" in the new version.
With the standard Adams Graphene, a light wipe with a clean towel was similar to wiping a dry car; i.e. hardly any drag at all. The Advanced formula is noticeably more "draggy" and they recommend you use one towel for the initial wiping procedure and another towel for the final wiping/polishing step. That was certainly easy enough but it was different from the previous cars I've coated with Adams Graphene.
On the other hand, the new formulation is supposed to be better and last 2 years longer, so it's well worth the slightly increased effort.
The full Adams kit comes with a UV flashlight and the juice has a UV tracer so you can see where it's applied because the light makes the juice glow light blue. Since my car is Performance Blue, the light is of limited value and I didn't really use it. If you're careful and precise with the applicator pad, there is really no need for the light. Plus, you should not wait too long between applying the product and wiping (leveling) it so fooling around with the light might even do more harm than good. The light and the UV tracer is a cool idea, but I can't say it's of much help. It certainly is not required, so I'd recommend buying just the bottle of juice and a small suede applicator pad.
You can buy the bottle alone for about $120 and easily get the towels, applicator pads, IPA, and other stuff you need and still spend less than $200 total. Since the bottle will do two cars, that's not bad.
If you don't already own paint correction equipment, you can get a Harbor Freight DA buffer, a couple of pads, and some compound for less than $200. Any serious car owner should have this stuff anyway, so it's a long term investment.
When you're done, you will be amazed at how little dirt accumulates on your car. And when it is time to wash, you can usually use your pressure washer to rinse, foam cannon, and rinse without ever touching the paint. Therefore, you don't accumulate scratches in your paint. A quick blast up to 60 mph blows off nearly all the water so all you have to dry is the door jams and around the license plate area. Or you can use a leaf blower to dry the car because the water drops stand up high and blow right off the ultra slick coating.
The claim the new formulation lasts 9 years which seems like a pretty bold claim. But I can say from personal experience that the old formulation was as good after 2 years as it was the day I put it on and that was without any topper or any other kind of rejuvenation. Time will tell, but I can say that ceramic coating my cars is time and money well spent. The effect is literally amazing.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I just finished applying a ceramic coating to my 2022 Veloster N. It was tedious, but not difficult. Any mouth-breather can do this but you have to do it correctly. I've been coating all my cars for the past few years. I'm 77 years old so I run out of steam after working half a day so this job took me three half-days.
It involves a rinse, foam canon, rinse, hand wash, clay-bar, rinse, and dry on the first half-day. The next day I used my DA with Meguiar's 205, a lightly abrasive polish to remove the swirls caused by the dealer washing the car and also remove the "paint sealant" they claim to apply but which is really just a scam to get more money from the purchaser. That took up the second half-day.
The next morning I did an IPA wipe-down of the entire car using plenty of micro fiber towels and then applied Adams Advanced Graphene coating. It's the new formulation which comes in a tiny 60ml bottle but that is enough to do two Velosters. The application is the same as the regular Adams Graphene I've used on several cars before; however, the leveling process takes a tiny bit more muscle than before perhaps because there is more resin and more of "the good stuff" in the new version.
With the standard Adams Graphene, a light wipe with a clean towel was similar to wiping a dry car; i.e. hardly any drag at all. The Advanced formula is noticeably more "draggy" and they recommend you use one towel for the initial wiping procedure and another towel for the final wiping/polishing step. That was certainly easy enough but it was different from the previous cars I've coated with Adams Graphene.
On the other hand, the new formulation is supposed to be better and last 2 years longer, so it's well worth the slightly increased effort.
The full Adams kit comes with a UV flashlight and the juice has a UV tracer so you can see where it's applied because the light makes the juice glow light blue. Since my car is Performance Blue, the light is of limited value and I didn't really use it. If you're careful and precise with the applicator pad, there is really no need for the light. Plus, you should not wait too long between applying the product and wiping (leveling) it so fooling around with the light might even do more harm than good. The light and the UV tracer is a cool idea, but I can't say it's of much help. It certainly is not required, so I'd recommend buying just the bottle of juice and a small suede applicator pad.
You can buy the bottle alone for about $120 and easily get the towels, applicator pads, IPA, and other stuff you need and still spend less than $200 total. Since the bottle will do two cars, that's not bad.
If you don't already own paint correction equipment, you can get a Harbor Freight DA buffer, a couple of pads, and some compound for less than $200. Any serious car owner should have this stuff anyway, so it's a long term investment.
When you're done, you will be amazed at how little dirt accumulates on your car. And when it is time to wash, you can usually use your pressure washer to rinse, foam cannon, and rinse without ever touching the paint. Therefore, you don't accumulate scratches in your paint. A quick blast up to 60 mph blows off nearly all the water so all you have to dry is the door jams and around the license plate area. Or you can use a leaf blower to dry the car because the water drops stand up high and blow right off the ultra slick coating.
The claim the new formulation lasts 9 years which seems like a pretty bold claim. But I can say from personal experience that the old formulation was as good after 2 years as it was the day I put it on and that was without any topper or any other kind of rejuvenation. Time will tell, but I can say that ceramic coating my cars is time and money well spent. The effect is literally amazing.
Pictures would be nice. 😁

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pictures would be nice. 😁
It's an ordinary Performance Blue car.

It's clean, but there is nothing special looking about it. The coating does little or nothing to the paint that would show up on a photograph. If your paint is glossy, a coating will be glossy too. If your paint is dull and full of scratches, a coating will let those scratches show through, but even then a bad paint job may or may not show up on an Internet photo.

What the coating does is mainly help to keep the car cleaner between washes and it makes the car amazingly easier to wash when it does get dirty.

This isn't my car, but it looks exactly like this one
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

5061 - 5076 of 5076 Posts