Veloster Forum banner
5041 - 5060 of 5091 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Took my 10 year old in for a lot of check ups and work today! Plus, I still have the Hyundai reimbursement credit card for gas mileage with $600+ on it that expires at the end of October!

First problem was the air conditioning. The service tech called me and said he would be flushing the system and putting in new coolant. $285, I think.

Next, my air bag light came on just days before the 10 year anniversary. And a few days later I got a letter from Hyundai extending the air bag light indicator issue from 10 to 15 years! Great timing! So far it doesn't appear to be the clockspring, though. I had this same issue almost exactly 5 years ago.

There was a recall/service bulletin for putting the car in limp mode when necessary and they'll do the software update for that.

Oil change. Why not?

The best part was that the service tech was the same guy as I had 10 years ago! I totally trust what he tells me. He even said he wouldn't let anyone else look at the a/c, for instance. It was great to see him again and we caught up on recent history! LOL

And then! I saw the new Santa Cruz! It was much bigger than I thought it would be. It was much nicer than I thought it would be. It was $41,000+ so maybe that explains the "nicer" than thought part. It won't be easy to look at a base model! But I would definitely love to be driving one! We'll wait and see maybe when they become "pre-owned". :)

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,707 Posts
nice! keep that car perfect.

Reactions: jkt1954 and misnblu

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Got the car back today and will have to return for a part ordered.

The work:
Induction service clean remove carbon from piston ring and valves
Service campaign Engine Monitoring Logic
Oil filter change
Check clock spring under warranty but it was the driver side impact sensor (ouch!) and I have to go back for that
A/C evacuation and recharge
Add refrigerant
Cooling system service
Replace brake fluid

And my Hyundai Rewards Card for the gas mileage settlement had $763.61 on it which cover over 50% of the charges. Can't wait to see if my next full tank of gas does better than 19 miles!

·
Registered
2016 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo DCT
110 Posts
And a few days later I got a letter from Hyundai extending the air bag light indicator issue from 10 to 15 years!
It's good to see someone posting something similar. I got a letter from Hyundai for extending the "Powertrain warranty coverage for certain engine repairs and/or replacement where the engine damage, defect, or failure is related to connecting rod bearing wear on certain 2012-2017 Veloster vehicles" to 15 years or 150,000 miles. I believe that came from the recall my car had but passed the inspection on.

On-topic: I dropped my car off until Monday to get the body work done from my accident. Will post pics once completed!

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
1,094 Posts
Finally paid the bank loan off and got the title. 2015 with 39K miles and still loving it. Hopefully its lasts for another 10 years 🙃
It's a good feeling to have paid it off and have little miles in the car.

I paid mine off too this year and just got it to 35,000 miles. It's still like new and could pass for a new car off the showroom floor.

Enjoy the extra dough for other things like crypto and look to the future. 😁😉

·
Registered
28 Posts
Drove it 290 miles (never exceeding 68 mph) to a job site, cursing it all the since I averaged 31 mpg on all highway

Lying damn Hyundai....

Marathon Blue w/ Style & Tech since 26 November 2011
Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
No... I get what you mean,😅 the mpg is based on the average speed limit a veloster specifically is allowed to go between 45 to 65mph... so 68 is not 65... I have done this before, and I have beaten my veloster mpg crusing from Dayton to Akron all morning...👌 (turn off sport mode and don't activate eco mode, leave it on normal drive mode for more fun)

·
Registered
2013 Veloster, manual, base model w/tech and style pkg
5 Posts
I took my 2013 Veloster to the dealership to diagnose the weird hum I'm hearing when driving at hwy speeds. Turns out the driver's side wheel bearing is going out (again, after being replaced 300,000 miles ago) and the CV boot is torn.
So, awaiting confirmation the extended warranty will cover it then see if the parts are actually available.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, I just picked up my car an hour ago after not having it since the accident I was involved in Sept. 1st. Also, to update you guys as I said in a previous post that I was put at fault and because I had minimum liability insurance, I was coming out of pocket for the damage repairs myself. I got a call in the middle of last month from the other persons insurance accepting liability for the accident because I sent them a video from a nearby dispensary of the accident and their clients statement didn't match what actually happened. With that being said, we settled for $12,500 in property damage and bodily injuries. Luckily, I only paid $6,100 for repairs so the rest will be going towards winter tires/wheels, brakes/rotors, and changing all the fluids.

The only thing I'm concerned about since getting my car back is that the accelerator is extremely stiff and I'm wondering if it has to do with me using a SRI instead of a CAI like I was using prior to the accident or if it has to do with the way they installed the SRI and messed up something with the throttle body. Even when I drove my car to the body shop after the accident, it wasn't as stiff as it is now.

Before the accident...
Wheel Sky Car Tire Vehicle

The accident...
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

The repairs (pics taken by the shop prior to pickup)...
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Tire Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Car

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,707 Posts
looks good. the throttle pedal controls the throttlebody electrically... your best bet would be to look at the pedal and spring itself.

Reactions: mobbdeep

·
Registered
2012 Orange NA, with grand aspirations of becoming a Turbo
32 Posts
You could sell those. 👍
Really good work there. 😍🤙
I used a print on demand service that allows artists to print their own work, so feasibly can share the link. Not sure if there is an issue with including the Veloster Logo, its the only bit on there thats not my own work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nothing major but did some little stuff to the V to start bringing her back to what she looked like before the accident. I put the devil claw canards back on the front, changed the front and back emblem, changed the spark plugs and did a few dress up bolts under the hood.

I'll be dropping her off at the shop some time this week to get a knee replacement done (hidden damage from the accident), brakes/drilled & slotted rotors, then ordering my winter tires.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle

Cigarette Tobacco Pollution Gas Asphalt

Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood Car

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
1,094 Posts
Dang @mobbdeep how old are you to have the knee replaced? Was the damage that bad?
Some serious compensation is required here for all this personal damage you too with this accident. 👍
Best of luck with the operation and the cars looking mint. 🥰

5041 - 5060 of 5091 Posts