2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
Pictures or it didn't happen. 😂🤷🏼♂️👍This weekend I decided I'd tackle the problem aging cars have: plastics becoming sticky. I tried it out first on other non-car objects after watching many different YouTube tutorials. I used the most simple solution: rubbing alcohol. This isn't a one and done thing. It needs lots of repetitions. I started with the plastic piece in the driver side armrest that houses the window/lock controls. I used a microfiber cloth. The spot on the cloth was solid black after the first wipe. I repeated this about 10 more times always going with a piece of cloth that hadn't been blackened. Eventually, it made the plastic less sticky. I also did this with the dash, the passenger side window control plastic, and the shift knob. What I didn't realize about the shift knob that the alcohol revealed was that it had some kind of plastic covering it that dulled it. The alcohol brought it back to full shiny black! I'll revisit the other areas again because it could still be better despite already being much, much better. Then I'll head into the back seat area.