Veloster Forum banner
4981 - 5000 of 5017 Posts

Β·
Registered
07 WRX, 12 Veloster NA, 71&70 VW Type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
533 Posts
There's a high probability that if the engine isn't rebuildable I will be parting out the pieces that are still good from the engine, maybe the DCT transmission. I'm currently looking for a parts car locally to investigate if manual swaps are practical on these cars.

Β·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🀫
825 Posts
There's a high probability that if the engine isn't rebuildable I will be parting out the pieces that are still good from the engine, maybe the DCT transmission. I'm currently looking for a parts car locally to investigate if manual swaps are practical on these cars.
Well you can't heel/ toe a dct so that should answer that question. πŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜
PM me if you're selling the head. πŸ‘

Β·
Registered
568 Posts
I'll need that DCT sooner or later :( im on my 2nd one

Reactions: misnblu

Β·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,555 Posts
its from a NAV

Β·
Registered
568 Posts
uff nvm

Β·
Registered
533 Posts

I never realized how protruding the headlights are on these things before. If this thing sticks around i'm having a local shop 3d scan the front end and make some headlight delete covers and i'll run hella DTM headlights in the bumper

Β·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,555 Posts
Indeed my Jetta ones are 2/3rds the size

Β·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,555 Posts
Got a wash one and one of those fancy chip thingies I can go to the local washes everyday.

slammed on rspec springs

Β·
Registered
533 Posts
Tore my blown engine apart, found my issue.

Β·
Registered
825 Posts
Tore my blown engine apart, found my issue.
View attachment 134321
Looks like someone took a bite out of that one exhaust valve. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ
Yeah that pretty much explains nonexistent compression on there cylinder.
A little JBWeld and your good. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰πŸ€™
Btw have you found the rogue chip anywhere in the engine? 😳😬

Β·
Registered
533 Posts
Funny enough i have not. It wasnt in the oil, coolant or oil gallies or imprints on the cylinder or head. I have not checked the cat down pipe yet

Β·
Registered
825 Posts
Sexy and a well done accent treatment on the rest of the car. 😍🀀
I've always loved a two tone accent for the interior and did the same as you but used factory blue colored pieces from a Tercel to two tone my Paseo which was black. It looked amazing and completely changed the cars flavor. 😍
Nice work man. πŸ€™ I'd rock that any day of the week.
Wanna trade for a week? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

Β·
Registered
'16 Vitamin-C NAV Tech
87 Posts
Finally got my axle back exhaust in from Evilla Motorsports and damn does it sound a lot better. Figured since you can't get performance gains with this car that I might as well go with an axle back. This thing took 30 minutes to do and only required two bolts to be removed since the hangers were already welded on. The only thing I had to do was remove the spot from the OEM tips since the new tips weren't wide enough to fit so I'm going to get some sort of mesh to fill in the openings.

2450C16D-4C26-4D23-BC7E-7640FA5F4BF7.jpeg

Here's a cold start. I'll post a vid revving later.

Β·
Registered
825 Posts
Finally got my axle back exhaust in from Evilla Motorsports and damn does it sound a lot better. Figured since you can't get performance gains with this car that I might as well go with an axle back. This thing took 30 minutes to do and only required two bolts to be removed since the hangers were already welded on. The only thing I had to do was remove the spot from the OEM tips since the new tips weren't wide enough to fit so I'm going to get some sort of mesh to fill in the openings.

View attachment 134375

View attachment 134379

View attachment 134377

View attachment 134378

Here's a cold start. I'll post a vid revving later.

😍😎
Nice man and delete the cats and be even more amazed. πŸ€™
Your neighbors will be amazed too. πŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ€Ÿ

Β·
Registered
'16 Vitamin-C NAV Tech
87 Posts
😍😎
Nice man and delete the cats and be even more amazed. πŸ€™
Your neighbors will be amazed too. πŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ€Ÿ
Cats or res by the cat? I don't want to make it sound like a fart can. The setup now has a nice deep tone to it.

Β·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Veloster R spec
38 Posts
Wow!!! Absolutely love this...can you share what set of lighting you used to get this look? Just recently traded up from a 2014 NAV base to a 2019 Turbo DCT in Lake Silver and think this would look amazing on it!!
If you're talking about my LEDs I bought three sets from Amazon and one set from eBay for my rims. I attached a picture.

Β·
Registered
825 Posts
Cats or res by the cat? I don't want to make it sound like a fart can. The setup now has a nice deep tone to it.
So did mine until the cats were deleted and that's what the car needed. Deceleration now has occasional pops and bangs and a nice gurgle to it.
Its rowdy on acceleration but nowhere close to a fart can. πŸ‘

Cats only to delete. Keep the mid pipe resonator and it'll sound amazing. That's what I basically have and it gets compliments from everybody that hears it.
Nice work man. πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Β·
Registered
'16 Vitamin-C NAV Tech
87 Posts
So did mine until the cats were deleted and that's what the car needed. Deceleration now has occasional pops and bangs and a nice gurgle to it.
Its rowdy on acceleration but nowhere close to a fart can. πŸ‘

Cats only to delete. Keep the mid pipe resonator and it'll sound amazing. That's what I basically have and it gets compliments from everybody that hears it.
Nice work man. πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž
I think I'm going to get it done next Wednesday when I'm off.

4981 - 5000 of 5017 Posts