2014 VT manual
8,345 Posts
Not bad at all.

Reactions: Miami Rspec

·
Registered
'16 Vitamin-C NAV Tech
78 Posts
Can't do anything to get performance gains on my NAV so I just bought the Evilla Motorsports axle back exhaust. I'll be posting vids once it gets here and is installed.

·
Registered
07 WRX, 12 Veloster NA, 71&70 VW Type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
432 Posts
Started pulling the motor to see what my brother in law did to kill cylinder 3. Also waiting on the blacktop 20v 4age 5 speed i'm wedging in next. Apparently replacement gamma engines are more expensive than AE101 engine/trans/wiring/ecu

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
632 Posts
Started pulling the motor to see what my brother in law did to kill cylinder 3. Also waiting on the blacktop 20v 4age 5 speed i'm wedging in next. Apparently replacement gamma engines are more expensive than AE101 engine/trans/wiring/ecu
This is what you're swapping into the Veloster? 😳
Nice. 😍
I've also heard the 4g63 will fit without too many issues as well. I would love to see that swap for sure. 🙏🏽🤟

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,345 Posts
Never tried but if you’re In a state where glass is free through insurance look that up.

Reactions: absoluteyeti

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ill get some today after work and perhaps of my poor mans intake. If i can get under the back i can see if i can snap a pick of the muffler as well.

·
Registered
432 Posts
So it begins

·
Registered
432 Posts
More pictures of the progress are needed.
Maybe a tear down thread may help others in certain areas of a tear down. 🙏🏽👍
Hadn't planned on it but since i just started i went back and took more pictures and some tool notes. I'm still on the fence about it due to having too many cars but if this one sticks around i'll be gutting the a/c and heat to just track it. This thing is far less complicated than my last solo car

·
Registered
106 Posts
So here is some pics of my other budget mods. The brake rotars and premium ceramic pads which significantly improved my braking. A pic of the Magnaflow muffler I welded into place while keeping the OEM exhaust tip.

I like my mods to mostly be discrete.

Also, a shot of my 1200w AMP thats tied into my factory amp and system. It is bridged to a sub in the trunk and also powers the front two speakers which if i remember, i put infinities in. The pic isnt very good but you can see how the amp fits snug under the drivers seat. I also have a special tube fan thats wired to the amp so it turns on with the car and blows air over the amp to circulate the air.

The rear speakers are on the OEM system amp but you dont need them. There is also a big capacitor hidden in the space on the driver side near the left rear speaker. No pics of that as i dont want to open it up.

Also, my 2nd smaller battery thats tied in to keep the headlights from flickering with the bass. You can see my intake mod as well. I also put converted LED headlighra lights.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Is the fuel door metal or plastic? I want one but want metal.
Fuel door is plastic. 👍

So here is some pics of my other budget mods. The brake rotars and premium ceramic pads which significantly improved my braking. A pic of the Magnaflow muffler I welded into place while keeping the OEM exhaust tip.

I like my mods to mostly be discrete.

Also, a shot of my 1200w AMP thats tied into my factory amp and system. It is bridged to a sub in the trunk and also powers the front two speakers which if i remember, i put infinities in. The pic isnt very good but you can see how the amp fits snug under the drivers seat. I also have a special tube fan thats wired to the amp so it turns on with the car and blows air over the amp to circulate the air.

The rear speakers are on the OEM system amp but you dont need them. There is also a big capacitor hidden in the space on the driver side near the left rear speaker. No pics of that as i dont want to open it up.

Also, my 2nd smaller battery thats tied in to keep the headlights from flickering with the bass. You can see my intake mod as well. I also put converted LED headlighra lights.

View attachment 134278 View attachment 134279 View attachment 134281
View attachment 134284
Transformer center caps for the win. 😍🤟
Nice work on everything for sure but the question I have is the intake and why there's two filters there?
🤔🤨
Airflow dynamics say that air will flow through the path of least resistance so only one filter is needed. 🤷🏼‍♂️😉
Any reason why this setup? Just curious. 👍

Also you can cleanup that ground connection by completely removing that battery sensor and use a standard ground post connector without having to worry about that sensor.
Ive had mine removed for a while now with no problems with the charging or the battery and cleans up that connection nicely while adding better grounding points in the engine bay.

Also is you haven't done so pull the main ground wire in the engine bay and scrape away the paint for a better ground connection. Hyundai is notorious for having their grounds attached over paint. 🤨

Good work and I'd love to hear that system. Bet it sounds good and makes me miss those days when I had some bump in my cars. 😂😉😍👍

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,345 Posts
i imagine he needed a length of pipe, or was trying to replicate the turbokits setup... it's a large cone filter with a passthrough on the end.

·
Registered
432 Posts
We're down to the crusty exhaust bolts and two motor mounts then everything comes out. Man these radiators are paper thin.
20210507_162402_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
432 Posts
Late last night the engine is out.

·
Registered
632 Posts
4961 - 4980 of 4985 Posts