Veloster Forum banner

4881 - 4900 of 4915 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
mobbdeep says: "I agree on this honestly. They look good but I am probably going to remove them because I'm already over it. The ambers don't look as bad as people make it seem and if anything, it looks worse because the light still shines they thru the black vinyl and the edges".

First, I am glad you agree. But, before you reverse course, you can remove the lights, too! Maybe you'll like your delete more then. Hope not!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
What did you do to in your Veloster today?

Got 2 speeding tickets in less than 24 hours from the same cop on opposite sides of town, all while using eco mode. 😑
Whatever you do, get those tickets off your record unless you want higher insurance payments! Same cop in 24 hours? Somehow I think he'll find you again unless you are absolutely doing the speed limit!

·
Registered
'16 Vitamin-C NAV Tech
67 Posts
Whatever you do, get those tickets off your record unless you want higher insurance payments! Same cop in 24 hours? Somehow I think he'll find you again unless you are absolutely doing the speed limit!
That's the thing, I can only do a defensive driving class for one of them which will dismiss it but I don't think paying it will take the points off, will it? I've never gotten a ticket before.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
That's the thing, I can only do a defensive driving class for one of them which will dismiss it but I don't think paying it will take the points off, will it? I've never gotten a ticket before.
It varies by state. If you have access to a "ticket clinic" I'd go there for advice. In Florida, an attorney friend taught me to just plead "no contest" in traffic court and I'd pay a substantially smaller portion of the ticket and nothing would be on my record.. : ) I'd rather give money to a ticket clinic than to an insurance company!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Depends on your state & rules.

I've gotten a handful of tix & can say this, show up to court to lessen fees and or take advantage of driving school.

Sometimes the judge will drop one & keep the other! Ive seen it all, but make sure you show up unless you have money for an attorney but it's not that serious.

For example, I got pulled over racing with an ecoboost mustang(he got pulled over as well) traveling at 119mph with illegal emissions & racing in California. Showed up to court, judge dismissed the racing and illegal emissions and dropped my fees from $1400 to $480.

Reactions: jkt1954 and misnblu

·
Registered
316 Posts
View attachment 133714
LED strip on the package tray. Connected into trunk light. Custom split pigtail not to cut into factory wiring. All in all, about 30$ of material and 1hr work. And the stock light still works too!
What year is your veloster? I checked my trunk because i couldn't remember having a trunk light and apparently i do not!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Pulling off the vinyl and fun parts from my 2012 NAV to trade it in or sell it. Found a nice california Tacoma to replace it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thread is for everyone to post what they did today to their Veloster. Modifications or maintenance or whatever.
I purchased my Veloster 2012 6 years ago. 98,000km so still under warranty. I never had any problems only little recalls that were done. I religiously looked after the car as it was suppose to be my last one. Six years later and it now has 106,000km on it, that's 8000km in 6 years. And today with no real warning while driving home from my Daughters house seeing my Grandson My car popped out of gear and will not go back in to any gear. The Gear shift seems to be stuck in neutral but I believe the car is stuck in 5th or 6th because the ride home was terrible with lots of noise and by the time I got it home lot's of smoke. So today I blew something in my transmission, clutch etc. And with 2 years left to pay and $1200 yr. Insurance and $80.00mth. parking and a car that no longer works. Any Magic idea's real cheap??

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sounds like an internal failure of the transmission... I assume you have a manual transaxle. Not much to do but have a tech look at it. Warranty in Canada is 5/100k, so unless you have an extended warranty, I'd take it to a transmission shop instead of the dealer. Might run you a little less expensive.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ran a borescope camera into all 4 cylinders and the oil pan when changing the oil and plugs. 112k and it doesn't seem bad at all which was surprising. Also took some photos and measurements of the various suspension to draw up a suspension lift in cad to be machined. I'm thinking about 1.5 to 2" lift with lt tires to pair with the ladder rack i'm building to haul materials from the local metal supplier. (Removable front and back hitch receiver forks)

Velosters are next to worthless to trade in in my area so it's getting turned into a shop rat

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ran a borescope camera into all 4 cylinders and the oil pan when changing the oil and plugs. 112k and it doesn't seem bad at all which was surprising. Also took some photos and measurements of the various suspension to draw up a suspension lift in cad to be machined. I'm thinking about 1.5 to 2" lift with lt tires to pair with the ladder rack i'm building to haul materials from the local metal supplier. (Removable front and back hitch receiver forks)

Velosters are next to worthless to trade in in my area so it's getting turned into a shop rat
We want photos when it's done!! That sounds cool

Reactions: absoluteyeti

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
7,968 Posts
I purchased my Veloster 2012 6 years ago. 98,000km so still under warranty. I never had any problems only little recalls that were done. I religiously looked after the car as it was suppose to be my last one. Six years later and it now has 106,000km on it, that's 8000km in 6 years. And today with no real warning while driving home from my Daughters house seeing my Grandson My car popped out of gear and will not go back in to any gear. The Gear shift seems to be stuck in neutral but I believe the car is stuck in 5th or 6th because the ride home was terrible with lots of noise and by the time I got it home lot's of smoke. So today I blew something in my transmission, clutch etc. And with 2 years left to pay and $1200 yr. Insurance and $80.00mth. parking and a car that no longer works. Any Magic idea's real cheap??
nothing's real cheap... you want it cheap, diagnose and / or pull the trans and the clutch. see what's bad!

4881 - 4900 of 4915 Posts