Veloster Forum banner

4861 - 4880 of 4882 Posts

Β·
Registered
4,438 Posts
More black wheels. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

There seems to be a virus going around that has everyone going for black wheels and honestly the fad has even gotten the OEM companies doing the 'me too' fad as well. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
White wall tires were a big thing once upon a time! Trends come and go.

I like the black wheels on mobbdeep's Vitamin-C since it has the piano black grill, so there is that tie-in which might not be the case on other cars rocking black wheels right now. AND, the wheels mobbdeep had were the ones introduced in 2011!

Β·
Registered
4,438 Posts
After receiving notification last week of the safety recall, I made an appointment to have the repair done. Because of Covid-19, I also scheduled an oil change. 2.75 hours later, I paid for the oil change and headed back home. I then read the paper work. The parts for the recall were on order and I'll need to return for the repair within 30 days of notification. WTF? Had I known this, I would have waited to have the oil change done at the same time rather than sit again at the dealership! Most offensive was that the service tech didn't tell me! Service manager, who is great, heard my rant.

Β·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🀫
495 Posts

I like the black wheels on mobbdeep's Vitamin-C since it has the piano black grill, so there is that tie-in which might not be the case on other cars rocking black wheels right now. AND, the wheels mobbdeep had were the ones introduced in 2011!
I agree completely in what you're saying with his wheels. They do look good. πŸ‘πŸ˜
I tend to vent a bit about certain trends. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‰

Β·
Registered
'16 Vitamin-C NAV Tech
56 Posts

This is one of the reasons why I went with the black wheels is because of how I did my grille. Also, due to the wheels being introduced in 2011, they're completely out of stock everywhere online except CarID. I saw them in person at a local tire and wheel shop but they wanted $1050 for the wheels, mount and balance which I ended up getting for $615 shipped from CarID and mounted/balanced at a local shop for $113. Did my research and saved myself $320.

Nice wheels and dont get offended. πŸ™πŸ½
There seems to be a virus going around that has everyone going for black wheels and honestly the fad has even gotten the OEM companies doing the 'me too' fad as well. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Again don't get offended as I do like the wheels but unless the car fits the black wheels they just don't look good on the car, period. My opinion and you know how opinions go. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜œ

Supercars can flaunt black all day long but most daily driver cars just don't work for black wheels and give the cars a sort of wheel looking like black steelies.

Trends and fads tend to not stay long and black wheels for the common car need to fade away. Any color but black. 😷
Let the hate begin. 😜🀟
No hate here. It's all personal preference. My choice was between these and a black chromium color but I went with the gloss black when I saw them in person. Thanks for the feedback though!

Β·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice wheels and dont get offended. πŸ™πŸ½

Trends and fads tend to not stay long and black wheels for the common car need to fade away.
Dangerously blinding LED headlights are the fad too, but alas, I don't see them going away anytime soon. Actually, I don't see much of anything after driving past a car with them on, lol

Β·
weekend racer
7,765 Posts
Not my veloster but my Kia which had a new rack put in in April. Been chasing a clunk for way too long. Finished up the rest of the car and now dealing with this AGAIN. Going to get a custom delrin bushing and tack a large washer to the end which fits under the boot.

Β·
Registered
495 Posts
Not my veloster but my Kia which had a new rack put in in April. Been chasing a clunk for way too long. Finished up the rest of the car and now dealing with this AGAIN. Going to get a custom delrin bushing and tack a large washer to the end which fits under the boot.
View attachment 133570
I'm trying to figure what it is I'm looking at. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

Β·
weekend racer
7,765 Posts
Pass side steering rack, play at the rack, which I replaced completely in April.
Car is up for sale now so this is the last thing I need fixed to get a good inspection and make the car sell better.

Reactions: misnblu

Β·
Registered
'16 Vitamin-C NAV Tech
56 Posts
Amber deletes. Didn't do a good job so I'll probably redo them in the future. Nonetheless, here they are.

Before:

After:

Deletes:

Β·
Registered
495 Posts
Amber deletes. Didn't do a good job so I'll probably redo them in the future. Nonetheless, here they are.

Before:

View attachment 133576

View attachment 133577

After:

View attachment 133578

View attachment 133579

View attachment 133580

Deletes:

The deletes look good and not sure why you're displeased with the look. πŸ€”
But on the other hand why did you delete them? From a safety stand point it lessens the likelyhood of being seen from the sides.
As a truck driver we look for things like side markers so we can see the car and with all the painted tail lights as mods πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ Out there it's hard to tell if there's lights on or not, much less if they're hitting the brakes.

I added side markers on the sides of my car, front, and rear while still looking great and factory. I'm doing the same with my motorcycle, again for better visibility to those playing on their phone while driving or putting on makeup. πŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

But seriously your delete looks good. πŸ˜πŸ‘
Visibility just went down a little bit. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜œ

Β·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
72 Posts
Installed a pierce rear upper chassis brace, ark front strut bar, 3m 2080 series metallic banner and gave wrapping my front badge a shot. Snow tires are going back on tomorrow.

Β·
Registered
'16 Vitamin-C NAV Tech
56 Posts
The deletes look good and not sure why you're displeased with the look. πŸ€”
But on the other hand why did you delete them? From a safety stand point it lessens the likelyhood of being seen from the sides.
As a truck driver we look for things like side markers so we can see the car and with all the painted tail lights as mods πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ Out there it's hard to tell if there's lights on or not, much less if they're hitting the brakes.

I added side markers on the sides of my car, front, and rear while still looking great and factory. I'm doing the same with my motorcycle, again for better visibility to those playing on their phone while driving or putting on makeup. πŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

But seriously your delete looks good. πŸ˜πŸ‘
Visibility just went down a little bit. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜œ
I agree on this honestly. They look good but I am probably going to remove them because I'm already over it. The ambers don't look as bad as people make it seem and if anything, it looks worse because the light still shines they thru the black vinyl and the edges.

Nice work done.
Did you do this because if so I need to hire you for some painting projects. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž
I didn't paint it but my buddy John did. He works at the Infiniti dealership here and does insurance work, warranty work, and side work. He charged me $125 to fix that plus he's spraying my new bumper lip black to match the grille and wheels. He also did my grille for $50. I'm here in Arizona so if you're ever here or whatever, let me know! His work is quality.

4861 - 4880 of 4882 Posts