Veloster Forum banner

4761 - 4780 of 4797 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo RIp. 2017 Veloster Value Edition turbo projector headlights, turbo taillights.
30 Posts
Yeah I know lol I'll get around to it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well, I haven’t done anything today but I have a list of projects to do. You may or may not know, my Veloster is actually driven by my oldest daughter who lives 635 miles away at college. She’s coming home in early July and my list of things to do to the car when she’s home is long. It has 140,000 miles and due for some maintenance.

• Do an valve cleaning with the CRC Intake Valve and Turbo cleaner.
  • Replace the plugs.
  • Replace all the brakes (pads and rotors on all 4 wheels.
  • Oil change
Then all this:

On top is a leather steering wheel cover. The 2-tone red and black will go well with the 2-tone red and black interior:

On the left is a new hatch release button since the rubber cover on the old one has rotted away

In the middle are new bumper clips to hopefully hold the end of the bumpers to the fenders. They keep popping out now.

On the right is a new gas cap. The old one isn’t leaking but it no longer “clicks” when tightened.

Lastly on the bottom is a RedlineTuning hood strut kit. I installed 4 of their kits on my 2 Kia Fortes, my Kia Spectra and I cobbler together parts to custom make one for my Hyundai Tucson because they didn’t offer a kit for that car. They work really well and I highly suggest this mod for anybody that doesn’t have the factory hood strut and just a prop rod.

This pic is from my 2011 Kia Forte SX hatchback but I'll post pics of the Veloster when it's done. Heres a pic of the Veloster kit from the RedlineTuning website:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I love my hoodlifts too. Well worth the money. I put them on my Veloster and my Ranger. I just bought a leather steering wheel cover too...haven't had the time (or patience) to try and stitch it on yet

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
369 Posts
How do you like the collars?
I noticed a nice bit of rigidity added to my car when I installed them. 😍👍

For those with the hood lifts, is there an advantage with these over the prop rod?
I've always contemplated these but couldn't see a reason they'd be more beneficial over the prop rod. 🤷🏼‍♂️😉

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo RIp. 2017 Veloster Value Edition turbo projector headlights, turbo taillights.
30 Posts
My turbo car and this one had hoodlifts on them when I bought them

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thought the hoodlifts were stock. Sorry I'm posting from my phone. Not sure how the post above happened.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Maybe the later ones had them stock, but my 2012 only had a prop rod. It's just nicer working in the engine bay without the prop rod in the way

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
640 Posts
I just bought a leather steering wheel cover too...haven't had the time (or patience) to try and stitch it on yet
I did a leather cover on my 2011 Tucson and it came out better than I expected. I'm hoping what I learned from that one will allow me to do and even better job on the Veloster.

For those with the hood lifts, is there an advantage with these over the prop rod?
Mostly just the convenience of using one hand to lift the hood instead of two and then having to set the prop rod.

My turbo car and this one had hoodlifts on them when I bought them
I thought the hoodlifts were stock. Sorry I'm posting from my phone. Not sure how the post above happened.
I don't know exactly when it occurred but the Veloster did get a strut stock. I'm not sure if it was one year or that only turbo Velosters got it. But, some had a prop rod and others had a strut.

·
weekend racer
7,429 Posts
My 12 had a prop rod my 14 had struts. I’ve had props all my life and I love those struts! Especially since I don’t have to do maintenance around the rod.

Reactions: NovaResource

·
Registered
Vitamin C 2015 Veloster Turbo 6sp full tech and style package
5 Posts
How do you like the collars?
I noticed a nice bit of rigidity added to my car when I installed them. 😍👍
My car only has 57k miles and the collars slipped in like nothing so i dont think i will have an instant benefit but over time it should prevent the subframe from slipping. It still booty bounces all over the place over bumps and potholes and living in LA, theres a lot of em. Actually i was on the freeway going to work and hit a bump at high speed that sent me almost completely to the adjacent lane. Luckily i go to work at 2am so no one else on the road with me. so the next stage is coilovers, torsion bar and strut tower bar. Then maybe buy the girl some new shoes. Anyone know what the actual rear shocks look like on the BC racing kit? i see pictures with the lower mounts on the bottom and other pics theyre on the side. i wanna know before hand so i can also order the correct torsion bar for the rear mount configuration.

·
weekend racer
7,429 Posts
BC racing type BR will be L shaped.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Blue led interior lighting. Borla axle back and k&n cai on the way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Only one I have right now.. will get better ones soon, also took off the film on the pedals :D

Attachments

4761 - 4780 of 4797 Posts