Veloster Forum banner

4721 - 4740 of 4747 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Put on some cheapo lowering springs (Godspeed) and new struts (KYB). Say whatever, but my oem struts/springs were damaged, the car rides smoother (!) less harsh with this setup, so imagine how harsh it must have been if these cheap lowering springs and 18" wheels giving me a smoother ride, than my previous setup of 17" wheels and stock struts. The purpose of this change not primarily for the looks, but I'm just trying to have a functioning car. This might not stay permanent, but for the time being I'm enjoying it. This is just right after I was done with the work, the springs have to settle and I'll see how it is in a few weeks of driving.
If this car manages to live for another 2 years, then I'm happy, I'm approaching 80k.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Put on some cheapo lowering springs (Godspeed) and new struts (KYB). Say whatever, but my oem struts/springs were damaged, the car rides smoother (!) less harsh with this setup, so imagine how harsh it must have been if these cheap lowering springs and 18" wheels giving me a smoother ride, than my previous setup of 17" wheels and stock struts. The purpose of this change not primarily for the looks, but I'm just trying to have a functioning car. This might not stay permanent, but for the time being I'm enjoying it. This is just right after I was done with the work, the springs have to settle and I'll see how it is in a few weeks of driving.
If this car manages to live for another 2 years, then I'm happy, I'm approaching 80k.
View attachment 132612
Looks good! You'll make to 180,000 if you take care of it!

·
Registered
2012 Veloster Tech
19 Posts
So I... repainted my summer wheels for the upcoming season, first time and i'm in likes with it. Putting the wheels back on this wedsnday, so ill update post then or asap.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Veloster Tech
19 Posts
So I... repainted my summer wheels for the upcoming season, first time and i'm in likes with it. Putting the wheels back on this wedsnday, so ill update post then or asap.
Update post !!!

So you asked and I am delivering..

Must say though it looks much better in person. Phone camera ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
300 Posts
That screams, take notice of me, I'm too sexy for my car. ???
Dude those look so sweet on the car and head turning will be guaranteed for sure.
Nice work. ??

·
Registered
2012 Veloster Tech
19 Posts
@Nevrambaiel That looks sweet! If I was 30 years younger, I can totally see myself doing something similar. But now, if someone saw me stepping out of this car, I'd definitely get some head turning as @misnblu said but for the wrong reasons! ?
I think you would be fine. It would suck to be "laughed at' for enjoying your own tastes.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster Tech
19 Posts
After seeing the first pics of the painting I thought it was going to look like gaudy but it looks good with that color Veloster. Nice job.
I feel like it is was any brighter it would definitely be gaudy looking. I'm glad it turned out the way it did. Haha I was so bloody nervous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took out the resonator that is connected to the air box that sits in the wheel well out. That thing is so restrictive. I bet the car can breath better now. I can now hear the turbo spooling up. Also took tube off of BPV so I can hear the ppsssshhh!!! I left it hanging on the intake tube. Just until I get my sticker. Sprayed the throttle body with GDI cleaner. I'm thinking of putting in a k&n filter in the box or a bigger filter. Working at an auto parts store has it's benefits.

·
weekend racer
7,244 Posts
I took out the resonator that is connected to the air box that sits in the wheel well out. That thing is so restrictive. I bet the car can breath better now. I can now hear the turbo spooling up. Also took tube off of BPV so I can hear the ppsssshhh!!! I left it hanging on the intake tube. Just until I get my sticker. Sprayed the throttle body with GDI cleaner. I'm thinking of putting in a k&n filter in the box or a bigger filter. Working at an auto parts store has it's benefits.
it's better to leave the tube connected to the BPV and just remove it from the intake. you will need to plug that hole on the intake - a little rubber chair foot thingie from walmart works fine to plug the hole otherwise you are allowing unfiltered air and debris directly into the turbo. do not plug or put a breather filter on the hose coming off the BPV.

i have a K&N filter in the stock box it works great. i bought 2 so i can swap them out clean/dirty and clean at my leisure.

4721 - 4740 of 4747 Posts