Veloster Forum banner

4701 - 4720 of 4720 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not to be off subject but you cut in half the shaft holding the throttle plate in the throttlebody?
So this in essence reduces the physical size of the assembly allowing more airflow,yes?
You didn't show a picture of the finished product but I'm curious to know more.

Here's what I did to my Elantra throttlebody to help smooth out airflow through the throttlebody.
I was going to knife edge the throttle plate like I did on my drag car to further reduce turbulence but stripped the throttle plate screw heads on the Elantra tb so I never attempted it.

1FD45514-D51A-4F9D-8646-2F0BFCABE436.jpeg
24F1F3B8-866D-4BED-B78A-4C3A640FA0A0.jpeg

Post up a pic of what you did please. 🙏🏽👍

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cant really show a finished pic because i never took one if i remember correctly.
But mine would look the same as this if you opened it:

I cut the ingoing side of the shaft and i thinned out the other side aswell.

Yes this increases the amount of possible flow, and even more so if you would have the tb bored out aswell.
Iam actually thinking about picking up a new one, bore it, knife edge it and halfshaft it to theoretically get the most flow we could ever have on a v.

Again thats one of those projects that just join the pile and maybe get done when i have a weird mood.
For now i still have first got to deal with meth injection, killer chiller and supercharger :)

By the way i got my bolts out the hard way aswell and replaced them with countersunk allen head screws and the size is 4mmx8 iirc.
You need the countersunk ones because the hole size is bigger on the throttle plate and originally has self centering bolts.
In this case the countersunk bolts center the holes

·
Registered
8 Posts
Changed oil for the first time in my 2020 Turbo. Has a little over 1000 miles. Drove up ramps in my garage. Crawled underneath and saw drain plug at the front of oil pan. It's not all going to drain out like that. Backed off ramps and put ramps at bottom of my sloped driveway. Drove up till car about level. Oil drained. Why did Hyundai put drain plug in front on the pan? Tight getting filter off. Not much room to move standard wrench. Ordered a different wrench from Amazon. Spun on new OEM filter and poured in Castrol Edge Ext. Perf. 5W-30. Good to go.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Rest in peace my brother XenonElement. I still cry trying to understand a loss i never saw coming...

I will do my beat to try & keep us going!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Iam actually thinking about picking up a new one, bore it, knife edge it and halfshaft it to theoretically get the most flow we could ever have on a v.
Funny that we think the same on buying another and fully modding it out for the best performance possible. 😂😉👍
This is why I'm on other forums so I can learn and utilize information to make my Accent above all else.

Thanks @Sheeeep for the tips on this.
Im still trying to comprehend it all but this seems like a really good mod for the tb.
Any extra gain that can be gained is a win-win in my book. 😎

·
weekend racer
6,981 Posts
and for the rest of us $65 K60 TB that bolts on works just fine lol

misnblu he may not be able to find a K60 in his country without paying a ton on shipping from the US.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah its not really something to comprehend since i really did not make a how to.
Also at the time i wrote about doing it and nobody was interested so i just did it and called it a day.

Now however its just all in my head and even that info is limited.
The big thing i can tell you is to tie down the cap behind the gear with the spring inside.
Thats the only thing that should worry you.

Now i am going to give you a heads up for an upcoming project since i really do not buy parts of the shelf and try to make all mods myself if i can.
Anyway long story short iam in the process of making a killer chiller and if you are interested just send me a pm.
I actually might need some help from someone who is u.s. based.

·
Registered
74 Posts
and for the rest of us $65 K60 TB that bolts on works just fine lol

misnblu he may not be able to find a K60 in his country without paying a ton on shipping from the US.
This is the 60, just a little extra
Whenever i do things i always do the extras, maybe its 1/10th of a horsepower, maybe its only about peace of mind but if you do things to the maximum its 9 times out of 10 just about patience and really not that much more difficult.
This cost me maybe 3 dollars and a day of work in total and could do it in 1 hour if id do it a second time.
Extras make me feel better

·
weekend racer
6,981 Posts
very cool. did not realize you already had the 60!

·
weekend racer
6,981 Posts
6 years and 2 months I’ve had this bad boy and it’s been great

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yup I just purchased another 60mm Elantra tb for $48 new on EBay.
I'll be doing this half shaft mod when I get home.
I'll also be doing a how to for anyone that wants to do this as long as I do t screw things up. 😂🤷🏼‍♂️
It'll also be knife edged as well so should be fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today I'm just at home because the Covid-19 epidemic is very worrying, and at the same time reviewing the cooling system, because recently, my car is showing signs of being hotter than usual when it has just been a few miles away. And maybe next month, I will change the two front wheels, because it is much more worn out than the two rear wheels. Hope everything is fine.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 68 VW Beetle, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
48 Posts
Planning on replacing the rotors and pads later today as our town is shutting down at 5pm anyways.

Edit:
Updated my headunit firmware and maps and created documentation here on how to do it in 2020
Here!

·
weekend racer
6,981 Posts
Rehabbed brakes and rotated tires. Hoping to do new front calipers and pads next month. Mine are so beat from the heat even with good maintenance. The inner seals are cracking. Time to replace them and rebuilt the originals.

also found one of my rear shocks is leaking and a fun pic of what is currently holding my front bumper up :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Walked by it in the garage, shook my head then closed the door behind me.............. Guess my parts aren't a priority so I just sit here and wait....... IMG_20200317_014237312.jpg ....... and wait some more...., IMG_20200307_150822786.jpg

4701 - 4720 of 4720 Posts