Veloster Forum banner

4621 - 4637 of 4637 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I will be putting on 17 inch wheels on a '13 turbo, once the online dealer finally ships it. The roads in CT are a lot to be desired, they are miserable at best. I heard a lot of complaints from even Corolla S and BMW owners how they cracked their low profile 18s by just driving around. I see about 5X more SUVs lately than just a few years ago, it's mainly due to advertising, but also hearing that people complain about the road quality and soon we may end up driving battle tanks if the state continues to cut funding for road maintenance.

·
weekend racer
6,562 Posts
True that Frank... I'm in MA and have swapped to 17s for summer and 16s for winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up the base level Velostar, 2019... wondering if anyone has installed a tuning chip for better mpg and power?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
212 Posts
Laid down some paint again today. Done this batch indoors since it's been colder lately.
Very nice. Are you scuffing up the plastic surface at all, or using a spray on adhesion promoter? I have been wanting to spruce up my cover also, but not sure how it'll hold up

·
Registered
56 Posts
True that Frank... I'm in MA and have swapped to 17s for summer and 16s for winter.
Nothing extraordinary, but damn..the ride quality is waaaay better! And I think they are a bit over inflated by the seller but it's day and night difference, like a different car. Also went with different tire brand other than Kuhmo or Falken. These things are staying on!
I also believe that Hyundai didn't bother to calibrate the suspension for the turbo versions with the 18", they are basically using the NA calibration, because these 17" wheels/tires feel like they were made for the turbo far as handling and ride quality.

4621 - 4637 of 4637 Posts