Veloster Forum banner

4581 - 4600 of 4612 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
after 5 years 1 month, my original battery gave up the ghost. dealer was actually the cheapest place for a a replacement!
I had the original battery in my Veloster replaced back in April. 6 years and 95,000 miles old. A dealer replaced it because the car was 635 miles away with my daughter in college. The dealer charged me only about $14 more than the battery I replaced myself in my 2011 Forte. Pennsylvania (and Kentucky) winters are tough on batteries so I was impressed it lasted that long.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
after 5 years 1 month, my original battery gave up the ghost. dealer was actually the cheapest place for a a replacement!
Yes, mileage has nothing to do with it. I have replaced the battery twice in the first 6 years which is pretty good for South Florida! The heat kills them here, not the mileage.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yes, mileage has nothing to do with it. I have replaced the battery twice in the first 6 years which is pretty good for South Florida! The heat kills them here, not the mileage.
hey JkT! hope all is well brother! glad you still in the veloster forums.

·
weekend racer
6,462 Posts
i popped the obd port out the back to plug in my ultragauge. its perfectly fine. i did not have any luck with an obd splitter running my obdlink and ultragauge. most likely power related.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I replaced my windshield wiper blades (front only). I called the dealership parts department and the replacements were $18 each. I bought ANCO-31 series blades (26 and 18 inch) for $16.97 total (that's tax included and free shipping) from Amazon. They are definitely more sturdy than the Hyundai branded ones.

·
Registered
491 Posts
got my 160° tstat, gonna install tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
got my 160° tstat, gonna install tomorrow. :)
gave up, cuz it required to remove alternator & did not wanna go that deep. I got scurrrd for sure. Ill have to get it professionally done.

·
Registered
491 Posts
changing my coils at 99k miles lol getting misfires & yeah! $200 later...

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Replaced the rear tail lights. One was out so, of course, replaced both. Didn't wear gloves (tsk, tsk) so my body oils might taint the bulbs. LOL Sliding the tail light covers off wasn't so bad after I watched a couple of YouTube tutorials. In fact, it was pretty easy after watching them. I replaced the bulbs with Philips 1157LLB21 for $5.34 which may or may not have been the correct replacement bulbs, but they are working.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Replaced the rear tail lights. One was out so, of course, replaced both. Didn't wear gloves (tsk, tsk) so my body oils might taint the bulbs. LOL Sliding the tail light covers off wasn't so bad after I watched a couple of YouTube tutorials. In fact, it was pretty easy after watching them. I replaced the bulbs with Philips 1157LLB21 for $5.34 which may or may not have been the correct replacement bulbs, but they are working.
wish u were my dad sometimes, cheers JKT!

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Washed the car today and realized that my 2-month free SiriusXM from last summer had suddenly "expired" after 10 months. Guess I'll have to make an appointment at the dealership soon so I get another 2-month subscription (and hope for another long streak). Back to listening to NPR in the meantime, I guess. And then I had to take a picture of my clean car with my new Pixel 3a to see if the camera really is all that (pic unedited).

·
Registered
9 Posts
2019 VT Ultimate.....tinted the windows, had her treated with Ceramic Pro and installed the insert protections from Cup Holder Hero.!! Next steps...new wheels!

·
Registered
491 Posts
did most of everything, jus gotta swap out the coolant & lower degree tstat & ill be tune ready, just hit 105,700 miles too :) on a 16' VT DCT

·
Registered
13 Posts
you serious? you actually listen to that XM radio chit? i think it sucks big time. had it on trials in My Kia and now its on in the Veloster. get emails and now im getting damned phone calls. tried the 60's station with the "cousin bruce" show, used to listen to him in the early 60's when he was on WABC 77 in NYC for free and he hasnt changed. keeps playing the same racks at the same time and you can set your watch by him. tried some 50's channel and the first song i heard was "tonight (just could be the night)" and not by the original artist. im hard core metal and tried Liquid Metal. out of at least a 100 bands i follow, only 2 were ever played, Cradle of Filth and Battlebeast. to make things worse, the Battlebeast track was just a cover of someone elses song. ill stick with my flash drives an mp3 players, thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
drove to dealership

had to go to dealer as i havent received the documents i need to get the thing registered as i am due the end of july. called dealer and tells me "it was sent out on May 23." i know i that the Ravenna Oh. post office isnt the brightest star in the universe and i live just one block east of the damned place and often times i "cant be found."

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
you serious? you actually listen to that XM radio chit? i think it sucks big time. had it on trials in My Kia and now its on in the Veloster. get emails and now im getting damned phone calls. tried the 60's station with the "cousin bruce" show, used to listen to him in the early 60's when he was on WABC 77 in NYC for free and he hasnt changed. keeps playing the same racks at the same time and you can set your watch by him. tried some 50's channel and the first song i heard was "tonight (just could be the night)" and not by the original artist. im hard core metal and tried Liquid Metal. out of at least a 100 bands i follow, only 2 were ever played, Cradle of Filth and Battlebeast. to make things worse, the Battlebeast track was just a cover of someone elses song. ill stick with my flash drives an mp3 players, thank you!
What can I say? They played the music that I like! And it was free for me for 10 months! Sorry it didn't work the same for your particular tastes.

4581 - 4600 of 4612 Posts
About this Discussion
4.6K Replies
466 Participants
TooGqForYou
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing