Veloster Forum banner

4561 - 4580 of 4612 Posts

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I did take the car back to the body shop when I found paint/clear coat over-spray. They took care of it while I waited. I'm going back to have one tiny, tiny spot repainted that wasn't quite completely painted. The body shop encouraged me to find the little things -- I think I have. And they've been great. Glad that they pay attention to detail!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Okay -- purchase birthday number seven! Took this pic Sunday after washing the car and didn't realize I had "Scratch Out" rubbed on the taillights at the time! LOL
At any rate, 7 years and looking forward to many more years!

Congratulations! Still looking very good!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks good, where did you find these?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Good lord, way to expensive, i was thinking maybe 30 bucks. Almost 80 bucks Canadian... I'm sure i paid less for my red LED acrylics.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Finally installed some LED headlights, both low and high beam. The high beam LEDs also work great for the DRLs. The DRLs are now much brighter and whiter. Looks fantastic IMHO.

The light pattern is pretty darn close to the halogens so I didn't need to re-aim the lights. They aren't a whole light brighter, but they are much whiter.

Yellow LED fogs are next to complete the exterior LED lighting.

View attachment 123342 View attachment 123344

·
Registered
200 Posts
The light pattern is pretty darn close to the halogens so I didn't need to re-aim the lights. They aren't a whole light brighter, but they are much whiter.
I've had reservations about replacing standard reflector halogens with LEDs. From what I see in research, the issue is the actual LED segments are not at the exact same focal point as the halogen filament, and hence do not utilize the reflector as well as the filament. A lot of people say the LED's aren't brighter, but sometimes that is in part to the reflector scattering the LED beam more, which blinds oncoming drivers, but doesn't look any brighter to the user.

Let us know if more people flash you. Hey let us know what LED's you're using too, some of the latest ones have a very thin plate where the LED's sit, which puts them very close to the focal point and really work rather well. Yours might be those types. I'd be tempted to try a set of those ones.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had reservations about replacing standard reflector halogens with LEDs. From what I see in research, the issue is the actual LED segments are not at the exact same focal point as the halogen filament, and hence do not utilize the reflector as well as the filament. A lot of people say the LED's aren't brighter, but sometimes that is in part to the reflector scattering the LED beam more, which blinds oncoming drivers, but doesn't look any brighter to the user.

Let us know if more people flash you. Hey let us know what LED's you're using too, some of the latest ones have a very thin plate where the LED's sit, which puts them very close to the focal point and really work rather well. Yours might be those types. I'd be tempted to try a set of those ones.
So I checked the light against my garage door after installing and there was SOME light scatter. It isn't quite as focused as the halogens, but it's very close. I also drove the car around last night for about 40 minutes or so to see if I pissed anyone off and no one flashed me. The light seems to fall in the same general areas where my halogens did. That was a big concern for me going in.

I used the Beamtech LEDs and purchased them on Amazon. These are nice since they don't have a fan. So far I've experienced no flickering or any other issues.

I will keep the board posted of any issues!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Those do look good - keep us posted for sure!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Installed a K&N Performance Intake today. Drove it around a little to make sure everything was working properly and no engine lights or anything.

Throttle response seems a bit more lively. Seems to rev a little more freely. Can feel a little more punch up around 4500rpm or so. Sounds pretty cool too when driving it hard.
Just driving normally, you can't hear much difference from stock, which is what I wanted, except if under load. Then, it's sort of loud when I don't want it to be. Not sure I like that.
I'm going to live with it for a month or so and see how it goes.

View attachment 123366

·
weekend racer
6,462 Posts
after 5 years 1 month, my original battery gave up the ghost. dealer was actually the cheapest place for a a replacement!

·
Registered
491 Posts
after 5 years 1 month, my original battery gave up the ghost. dealer was actually the cheapest place for a a replacement!
how many miles?

·
weekend racer
6,462 Posts
miles are not really a good indicator of battery life. i live in new england, 5 years is a decent average life for a battery. it's been flat a few times over the summer inflating air mattresses for camping as well so that may cut it short a bit.

i have almost 91k miles.

·
Registered
491 Posts
miles are not really a good indicator of battery life. i live in new england, 5 years is a decent average life for a battery. it's been flat a few times over the summer inflating air mattresses for camping as well so that may cut it short a bit.

i have almost 91k miles.
just wanted to know how far along u were with the oem batt. Im currently at 93k with mine & it needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I saw a on a post that someone mentioned that the odb2 port could be removed from its holder, in order to have something plugged in and be able to place the fuse cover on without having to modify it.

So I really remembered that I had a OBD2 splitter cable I bought when my insurance company sent me a dongle to find out how safe a driver I was. I bought it so I didn't have to keep swapping MY Bluetooth ELM adaptor on my old junker of a car that I had to monitor like it was on life support.

Since I have relied on this OBD2 dongle for so long that I don't care to see the flashing lights and what not I placed it on one end of the splitter and place the other through where the normal connector would go and tucked the cable away.

Now I just need to get the ODB2 data to display on Android Auto and I'm set. But I don't mind having it open on my phone for now. :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

4561 - 4580 of 4612 Posts
About this Discussion
4.6K Replies
466 Participants
TooGqForYou
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing