Veloster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 4985 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Fiance has it today in the city, however she took it in for an oil change, ecm update, fix my outside passenger door handle button, and to see what they can do about the bubbles/stretching of the material on my driver's seat. According to the dealership there might be a recall on the seats. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Drove it 290 miles (never exceeding 68 mph) to a job site, cursing it all the since I averaged 31 mpg on all highway

Lying damn Hyundai....

Marathon Blue w/ Style & Tech since 26 November 2011
Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
i went on a road trip over winter break and averaged 37 mph highway over 320 miles. so far i havent had a problem getting good mileage

·
Registered
116 Posts
@mamoo I agree...I've been averaging between 34-37 (depending on how bad traffic is on the 10 minutes I have to spend "city driving" every day).

....but you know, it could also be my car rewarding me for my excellent rock-star like vocal performances I have in it twice daily.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i washed mine today

·
Registered
254 Posts

Painted my injen intake arm and lugnuts today. I'm really happy with the color itself, but for some reason there is a bunch of specs and rough spots in the finish, almost as if dust got in the paint... So this may end up being re-done really soon.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
This is a very Twitter thread: I drove it, admired it, and parked it - a few times.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Drove to the store and it rained. When I opened the rear hatch to put in the groceries the water ran off the hatch and right in my rear seats (WTF)?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Painted Lug Nuts

What kind of paint did you use and how did you prep the lugnuts before painting?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I used black VHT Caliper paint as the base, 2 light coats Duplicolor Metalcast Ground coat, several coats of Duplicolor Purple Metalcast then a coat of VHT Caliper Paint Clear Coat. This may seem a bit excessive and I agree to the average person it probably is. There is a very specific reason I did it this way- we're doing the calipers in dark purple as well and I want the color to be uniform from the lugnuts, calipers, oil cap, intake arm etc- and before I go through the tedious chore of doing the calipers I wanted to make sure the color looked good on something more manageable.

As for prep I lightly roughed up with some sandpaper before starting painting. In between each color change I baked them in the oven for 1 hour at 200 degrees F. (The VHT paint has to be cured before adding a different color over it)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Drove to the store and it rained. When I opened the rear hatch to put in the groceries the water ran off the hatch and right in my rear seats (WTF)?
That's bad. I will have to remember not to use the rear hatch when the car is wet.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Search these forums, we beat this subject to death... somehow wet seats & passengers didn't make anyone happy. The great thing on these forums is members shareing solutions. One that seems to work well is those door edge guard strips. I remember he posted pic's & did not look bad at all.

21 - 40 of 4985 Posts