Veloster Forum banner

What Did You Do To Your Veloster N Today!

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  J Veloster N 
#1 ·
Added a Glass Cover for the Infotainment Center.
Received the Black Felt Door Protection and 10pc Black Felt Interior Protection
Installed the WeatherTech Rear Cargo Mat w/Rollout Tail Gate Protection
Received; DTUK PiggyBack ECU Upgrade
DTUK Power Pedal w/ apps
Installed 3M Pant Protection; $1500.00 Full Covered
Ordering; Pipercross Cone Filter for the AirBox PX 1999

Installed;

TecMate TM-255 OptiMATE 7 Ampmatic 9-step 12V 10A Battery Saving charger-tester-Optimate
Monitor O-125, Permanent Power Sport Battery Lead Integrated Battery Status/Charge System Monitor 12V Lead-TecMate O-128 12V
Optimate Monitor Permanent Battery Lead With Integrated Battery Fuel Gauge and Charge System Monitor

More to come!

#8 ·
I must be misunderstanding something. You're posting in the 2nd generation forums about a Veloster N (which only came available as a 2019 2nd generation model) and your username suggests a 2019 Veloster N, but every link you posted is stuff for the 1st generation Veloster (which ended production in model year 2017), virtually none of which are compatible with the new (current) gen.

#10 · (Edited)
Well to answer your question/s, some of the items that worked on the 1st Gen, also works on the 2nd Gen. Some with little or no modifications. I'm willing try different items, that work or don't work. In an effort to save other Veloster N owners time and money. I don't have any idea what you gentleman are doing. I'm not interested in the Gen 2; Veloster N/A, Turbo, or Ultimate. So I don't read the Gen 2 forum posts. The engine and overall dynamics of the "N," are quite a bit different. So there's not much crossover.

Keeping in mind; this is the; Veloster N sub forum.;)

However, @Wargoose your personal skepticism is noted and that's something you have to deal with personally. I'd greatly appreciate it, if you'd keep it to yourself but you can do as you please.

@2019turbo I'll get around to posting photos, when I have time to take them, nor are they a prerequisite. I'm busy trying and adding different items, as you can envisage at the moment. But here's a couple for you. One is of the DTUK Tuner and Pedal Box and the other is of a HJS I30N (uses the same 2.0T Theta Engine) Down Pipe, which may work but I'm in the process of talking to them personally about it.

I did notice one of you has posted photos of your 2019 Veloster. Is there some problem with the others posting theirs? Maybe a little reciprocation is in order?
You're welcome to take a look at my garage anytime by clicking on my username.:) Here's a short cut; https://www.veloster.org/forum/dto_garage.php?do=viewvehicle&v=14592
View attachment 123900 View attachment 123906 View attachment 123902
@Reedman71 Just to quell your curiosity and skepticism; I'm not a vendor for anything or anyone. If I was a vendor, I'd be on the forums home page with the rest, as per the forum rules. I'm just an enthusiast like yourselves. Typically, I do share comments where I purchased items and from what vendor/s as a courtesy.

(No offense Intended) @Wargoose & Reedman71 Do please keep your personal, pessimistic, skepticism to yourself. I'm attempting to share with anyone and enjoy myself in the process, just as I hope you are. Thanks!! (No sarcasm, condescending remarks, intended or meant, just a friendly request!)

Have Fun!!

#11 · (Edited)
Hey J Veloster N, I don't think anyone intended any offence whatsoever nor do I read any of the posts as implying such. Based on the fact you were posting links to purchases of things like Gen 1 interior door protectors, which would not be cut to fit a Gen 2 in any way, I don't think the question of whether you were posting in the correct section for the correct generation model were unfounded.

Regardless, congrats on your N and best of luck with the mods.

Edit: PS, I did install a Gen 1 cargo net into my Gen 2 and it does work, but you will find the templates will not match up perfectly so be cautious where you drill.

Floor Vehicle door Flooring Tile Vehicle

#12 · (Edited)
Yep been there done that already, thanks! I just removed the panel it was much easier but drill stops work like a champ.

I like trying different stuff and making it work. Then sharing the results and process if anyone is interested.

The felt door panel kick guards are close but require some small trimming. I was surprised to see they were bigger actually. This made it much easier to fit. Carefully and with a razor knife. The 10 pcs., interior set works for the; rear cup holder and tray, front cup holders, Console (if you trim off the half moon). There were three pieces left over for the door handle recesses, they are too short but I'll find a use for the elsewhere.

The knee pad for the drivers right foot was a sure fit and keeps the knee off the hard plastic.

The Weather Tech Cargo tray also comes with a roll out tail gate protector. I purchased that one also. I'll post the photos of the 3M Paint Protection Film but it will be hard to see along with the others when I'm done and can give a full explanation.

Thanks the same to you also!!

#16 ·
Yep been there done that already, thanks! I just removed the panel it was much easier but drill stops work like a champ.

I like trying different stuff and making it work. Then sharing the results and process if anyone is interested.

The felt door panel kick guards are close but require some small trimming. I was surprised to see they were bigger actually. This made it much easier to fit. Carefully and with a razor knife. The 10 pcs., interior set works for the; rear cup holder and tray, front cup holders, Console (if you trim off the half moon). There were three pieces left over for the door handle recesses, they are too short but I'll find a use for the elsewhere.

The knee pad for the drivers right foot was a sure fit and keeps the knee off the hard plastic.
I had no idea what the gen 1 cargo net looked like until I saw your pic. Thanks for that. I have a longer cargo net from Toyota that mounts exactly the same but it is probably twice as long. Since you've had the cover off do you see any issues with drilling maybe 10" outboard on each side of where you did?

I'm also in the boat of wanting to see pics of all the additions, lol. Got my Chalk White N exactly a month ago loving it.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hatchback

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.