Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think my warranty ended on my 13 Veloster Turbo. If not, it's really close to the end. So far, I installed a strut bar and a K&N air filter on my VT.

I'm not entirely educated on cars and mods, but I still love my car and I would like to give it power and noise boost.

Right now, the 4 mods I want to get before the summer are an aftermarket intake, blow off valve, catch can, and exhaust. What parts/ brands are recommended so that my car won't sound like a rice rocket? Because a lot of exhausts I hear sound a bit ricey.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's a lot to put in an old car with very little resale value.
Get the new 2020 Veloster R Spec. You get everything you want and more. Its fun as he'll. 200hp turbo with sport mode and you can tune the exhaust sound in your settings.

I love it. Not used to shifting with a turbo though. K&n manual shifts like butter.

TTL out the door 21k with only 1k for my trade in.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Those mods are a good start. I have injen cold. Bought off amazon. Search around. lots of opinions, but best is off road pipe and a tune from what I gather.

I see you posted months ago with few responses, so please search around some more! (y)

·
Registered
208 Posts
That's a lot to put in an old car with very little resale value.
Get the new 2020 Veloster R Spec. You get everything you want and more. Its fun as he'll. 200hp turbo with sport mode and you can tune the exhaust sound in your settings.

I love it. Not used to shifting with a turbo though. K&n manual shifts like butter.

TTL out the door 21k with only 1k for my trade in.
Interesting comment. 🤔🤨
If I followed that comment I would have never had enjoyed the cars I bought and then modified after they were paid for.

The kind of mentality of your post is that stock factory cars are better than what you can build by yourself, the way YOU want, and not be limited by the generalities of what manufacturers have to offer.

I haven't seen a car yet off the showroom floor that someone with a passion for cars can't make better.

Who wants to go back in debt after getting your car paid for and now can mod it without worries about warranty?
When I bought my car new off the showroom floor I started modding it as soon as it got home. I never looked back.
With 4 months left to pay it off I'm driving a car 10 times better than what Hyundai could've given me off the show room floor.

Mod on and enjoy what you have. 👍😎

·
weekend racer
6,963 Posts
different strokes for different folks. i have 111K on my 2014, should I get rid of it? it's been damn near perfect - plenty of smiles per hour and regional AX/TT trophies in street and street prepared.

only 2nd gen i'd be interested in is the N, because the performance and i don't want a damn sunroof to get heated seats in the 2G VT. (HYUNDAI ARE YOU LISTENING?!?)

any 3 or 3.5 inch intake is going to be fine. SXTH/TORK ... as for BOV it all depends on the sound you want and if you want to replace the cold pipe. most of the exhaust just make the car louder, if you want a hair more sound and better performance gut out the 2nd cat on the downpipe and leave the stock exhaust. it isnt terrible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Intake and exhaust are a great place to start for the smiles/miles mark. Hold off on the BOV until you hear your new intake, you may think it is loud enough. You can go for catch cans if you like but they have the most benefit when installed form new. It's very difficult to fix the carbon build-up they help to prevent in the engine. They will prevent more however, and definitely recommend if you are tuning. I know that the borla, magnaflow and greddy exhausts are not 'ricey'. Good luck and have fun with it all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts