Veloster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the welcome.. and thanks to those of you expressing your feelings about our new sponsorship of Veloster Forums. We understand what we're walking into and look forward to the opportunity to give another perspective.

For many years we have not had a presence on ANY forum however things are going to change for the better. I would like to respectfully let everyone know that every story has two sides and we would like to finally voice ours. Please note (as mentioned by "kimtyson") you do not have to buy from our company directly. While we would like the opportunity to supply you directly with our accessories, you can also buy from your local dealership. We are a long-time wholesale supplier to automotive dealerships. If your local Kia dealer does not already purchase our unique aftermarket items, they are automatically approved for wholesale pricing and special terms. All warranties we offer (including our 3yr Carbon/Stainless "V" Veloster badge warranty) is available through your local dealer.

All forum members will be receiving exclusive deals only available through Veloster Forums, we'll be actively posting deals for the members regularly. Further, myself and another colleague will be alternating to provide support through the forum. So, if you want to ask product questions, check stock or express concerns we'll be here to assist.

Regarding our BBB rating. Many years ago we made the decision to not join the BBB after repeated telemarketing calls/recruiting tactics to join for $400/year. Recently the Southern California division of the BBB was shut down due to these telemarketing strategies that are still in place today throughout the US:

Ripoff Report | Better Business Bureau BBB & CBBB Complaint Review Arlington, Select State/Province: 1343

Any company can purchase an A+ rating, there are many companies that are aware of this and proceed to pay the premium membership, to have their "F" rating expunged almost immediately after providing credit card information.

See this 20/20 investigation originally posted in 2010:

I will admit some mistakes have been made by our supervising staff and we are working to rectify those that were handled incorrectly. Unfortunately you rarely hear about the issues that were rectified because they may never get published publicly.

I look forward to getting to know the members here and supporting this forum to the best of our ability.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
(P.S you can also reach me directly through our live chat and facebook
page during office hours M-F 8am-4pm mountain USA time:
https://messenger.providesupport.com/messenger/sherwood_automotive.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sherwood-Automotive/248369786197?sk=wall

·
Registered
797 Posts
Tom-
Thank you for posting. I agree, there are always two sides to every story. If there is an item offered on the forum at a good price I may give you a chance to prove yourself. I don't personally have any experience with Korean Auto Imports, only what I have read on-line. So I think it's only fair to give you a chance first hand. Maybe you could offer a few less expensive items so our risk is minimal. At the same time, it would give KAI the opportunity to gather some positive feedback.

Edit: I just watched the 20\20 report you posted. I must apologize for my ignorance. I had no idea that the Better Business Bureau rating could be bought or that a negative F rating can be had just for failure of paying up.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It would be nice to see the prices of the pricier items like the catbacks and coilovers instead of having to call for price. I love the billmelater option though!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you for allowing us to respond publicly and forthrightly, we appreciate the opportunity to change your mind about our company. Made my day to hear such kind words, thank you kimtyson.

silverarrow27 thank you for your comment. We found that being able to provide shipment quotes specifically for one's location has helped out significantly. Only the larger/oversized items have been changed to call for pricing because freight costs will vary depending upon oversized or overweight items as well as consignee destination. For this reason only the larger/pricier have been set on "call for pricing", this will be changing shortly, sorry for the trouble.

Currently our website is on an outdated platform. We do take all of your suggestions into consideration and we are developing a new and improved website on a different platform and pricing will be listed for all items.

From here on forward if you do have an issue that you would like to discuss with me, I will be personally happy to assist you privately. Please feel free to contact me via PM, live chat, or facebook:

https://messenger.providesupport.com...utomotive.html
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sherwood-Automotive/248369786197?sk=wall

Thank you all for your input. I will be listing the first Veloster forum member exclusive pricing on two very popular items. As always, if you have any questions I'll be glad to assist.

Tom

·
Registered
117 Posts
Let's see a smoking deal on full LED headlights!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I purchased a pair of custom headlights from them
only to receive it incomplete and unusable.

No manuals or diagrams. Just wires sticking out
for you to figure out. I haven't cracked mine open yet
but they already told me that it needs more work
and connecting. No TPC on it either to control signalling.

Customer service wouldn't take the extra mile for you!
You have been warned.

Here's a link to my thread with issues of their
incomplete product:
http://www.veloster.org/forum/8-hyu...on/20482-led-headlight-installation-help.html

If you don't have the tools or knowledge to put led
headlights together, then steer away from them. For a
minute there I thought they would do the rest for you
and it's all plug and play... I was wrong. They never
told me that, and they said they would sell you the
same exact thing as their competitor (ExLedShop).

If you've been in this situation as me, having purchased
a high dollar item only to not be able to use it, or information
was not enough to help you to get it to work. Then
you know how it feels to be in my shoes. I'm still
pissed off at this company.

Again, you have been warned. Their infamous customer
service is all over the other forums. So buy at your own
risk.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello ajcc323 Our policies are very clear with regard to electrical/lighting items:Shipping & Processing. We are very up front with this information on our site. Unfortunately manuals/installation instructions for imported Korea lighting items simply do not exist for most items. In recent years some manufacturers such as Kabis have made the effort to create English language manuals, however it's still few and far between. We recommend all electrical/lighting items be installed by a professional auto electrician and any of our lighting items can be installed easily by a professional as most items are 2 simple wires.RegardsTomKAI

1 - 16 of 16 Posts