1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SEE UPDATE + SOLUTION IN POST #8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

REF: 2013 Hyundai Tech Package - Canada

I cant seem to find anything on this... I have a leak that I thought was caused by common AC hose clog but that definitely isn't it as I removed the seat & completely cleaned it - the water showed back up after a rain and the car wasn't even started. This is also causing my batter to die.

As you can see from the photo below of my passenger foot-well there plenty of water & mold growing again...... and the trim is still off where i checked the rear washer hose.

Any ideas? Today is the first real warm day since the issue started last fall so I'm going to put the hose on it and try and find it but I've come up dry in all my past attempts.

·
Registered
2013 Veloster Turbo with resonator and muffler delete
19 Posts
Get your sun roof looked at. They tend to leak and there is also a recall on the 2013 sunroofs out right now I would take it to Hyundai see if the seal around the roof is broken

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get your sun roof looked at. They tend to leak and there is also a recall on the 2013 sunroofs out right now I would take it to Hyundai see if the seal around the roof is broken
Just checked my VIN, only outstanding recall is R0126 (60C038). It has 180k km on it. I'll check the sunroof seal and report back.

·
Super Moderator
4,397 Posts
You noticing your Radiator reservoir low on fluid? Might be a heater core leak

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
300 Posts
You noticing your Radiator reservoir low on fluid? Might be a heater core leak
No one ever bothers to clean the drain holes. 🙄🤨
I doubt it's coolant. Smells too strong to not be noticed. 👍

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
📢❗ SOLUTION ❗

Wow - I feel so dumb! Appears it was the rubber door seal... At the top of the door, it appeared to have come out of it's groove. Did the water hose test with all the carpet pulled back and I could see it running down from the door sill and fallowed it all the way up..... Felt like an idiot, but was happy it was an easy fix.

Side note - wow there is A LOT of insulation underneath the carpet, like inches thick! Will take a while to try, hopefully no damage has been done.

·
weekend racer
7,244 Posts
glad you figured it out! i would vac up the carpet with a wet vac or bissel thing then keep it folded like you have and dry it in the sun... put a fan on it.

you're probably going to want to spray it down with something that will stop mold. like this

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glad you figured it out! i would vac up the carpet with a wet vac or bissel thing then keep it folded like you have and dry it in the sun... put a fan on it.

you're probably going to want to spray it down with something that will stop mold. like this

Good idea, I already did.. Sucked/Dumped 3x full tanks from our Bissel carpet cleaner - there was much more water than I thought. Also squeezed as much water as I could from the surrounding area, I was parked on a slope so the empty spot was the low point. I used Nok-Out spray so we'll see if anything else if needed as the summer heat + humidity progresses. I let the car run for 6+ hrs with heat on full blast to help. The weather here is finally starting to get nice so I'll keep an eye on it before I reassemble.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts