Veloster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can hear a weird fluttering noise coming from my engine when I floor it, ive nevwr had this noise and i think it could have something to do with why my cars been acting slower. anyone know what it could be? I do have a cai

dyno-comp tune,cai, tork pipe, 15% tint, black wheels

·
Super Moderator
4,270 Posts
Sounds like a BOV/BPV not holding boost anymore. Could be from the tune. Try putting in the stock ECU and see if the problem goes away. Was this a bench tune or a custom tune? Why did you get it tuned without changing the FMIC or at least upgrading the BOV?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K&N cai. and i just sent my ecu in to be reflashed they didnt say i needed to change anything.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tge first 2 days i had the tune everything was runnin great now i feel like my car isnt running right. its not as quick anymore. any recommendations?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stock bov, and how can I check for a boost leak?

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Oh if your running the stock BPV then most likely it's that. Being that your tuned your probably boosting a little more then the stock BPV can handle. There's a few DIY vids on youtube on how to check for boost leaks or you can take it to a shop to check it for you. You can also take it to the dealer if you'd like, but don't tell them you're tuned.

·
Registered
285 Posts
you can use a light dish soap diluted in water sprayed from a spray bottle on your pipes. if you get little bubbles, there is your leak. That stock BOV/BPV is really flimsy. I would reccomed you upgrade to the HKS Style. I have the Turbosocks Hot/Cold Pipe Kit and it works great, car definitely hold boost better, I hit 21.5 over the weekend with no issues. I am running the HKS to the stock solenoid and there isin't a problem. I read about lots of guys running the TORK pipe with loose connections and blowing it off. I have had the TORK Pipe for a few thoudand miles with no issues. If it comes down to it, you may need new clamps on the TORK Pipe, Some say that the factory clamps are only good for a single use. I am using the factory clams on mine with no problems. You will just have to do some troubleshooting to see where you may have a leak. I am betting though that you may be having BOV flutter from that stock setup.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thanks! yea i put new clamps on tork pipe and removed factory but i will defnitely check for a leak. and thats with car running right?

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
ok thanks! yea i put new clamps on tork pipe and removed factory but i will defnitely check for a leak. and thats with car running right?

Yes but you have to check all the pipes. Pre intercooler, post intercooler, etc. The thing with the soapy water is you need to have someone with you to give it the gas & spray each joint to check for leaks. Even a small leak cold cause you to lose a few psi & every psi counts! You will have to remove the front bumper (10 mins tops) & check all of the connections. You should be able to check all joints in approx 30 mins or so.

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
I can't say I have experienced any BOV flutter since upgrading. I do get some turbo flutter under midrange throttle, but this is a common issue with all the VT's it seems from what I've read.
I get this too at about 50-70% throttle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm getting the same thing around 50-70% throttle. Hard on throttle, goes away but feels like something missing otherwise. It may be the sound, messing with my head making me think I'm losing power but its annoying and this is the only thread I have been able find after looking for over a week that is even remotely close to being the same thing.
I"m running a TS CAI with K&N filter, Res Delete, Catless downpipe, TurboXS BOV....no tune.
Gonna try to pull everything down and tighten and inspect this week.
Been driving it will the bolt ons for over a year and it just started doing it a week ago, so it's annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok! Problem solved. Went in and tightened everything up. Cleaned coils and plugs and still doing it. Fast forward to a morning I had a rough start then later in the day....no start, I jumped it and took it to the dealership to have it looked at.
the alternator was failing. Apparently the spitting was from low voltage, causing the coils to be weak and the fuel shutting off and then blowoff. The rough idle as well was from the computer wanting to correct the low voltage. So long story short, the alternator was the cause of the issue. Simple, 20 minute self fix and good to go!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
6 Participants
dshog
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing