Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any insights on washing the Ultimate's vinyl roof? Are the black side view mirrors vinyl wrapped, too?

Can you clay bar the vinyl wrap? What about waxing?
I can't get the shadows of bug spatter off the side view mirrors and am unsure as to how to proceed.
There are tons of dead bugs stuck in the radiator/condenser - how do you get them out without removing the front bumper/grill?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the optional black roof.
I think it is a wrap based on what people say on the internet. I actually don't really know what it is now that you ask.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It definitely seems like a wrap; if you touch the edge at the back it is raised up from the paint and it has a plastic-y feel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have used a paint sealant (Blackfire) and it has worked very well on both the roof and mirrors. Judst like any other painted surface.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just treat it like any other painted panel, it's not wrapped. Being black, it's more prone to show swirls etc... so take extra care to not scratch it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any insights on washing the Ultimate's vinyl roof? Are the black side view mirrors vinyl wrapped, too?

Can you clay bar the vinyl wrap? What about waxing?
I can't get the shadows of bug spatter off the side view mirrors and am unsure as to how to proceed.
There are tons of dead bugs stuck in the radiator/condenser - how do you get them out without removing the front bumper/grill?
Are you sure u purchased a ultimate turbo? Mine has a painted roof (black) now i have noticed people buying the regular turbo and wrapping the top with vinyl you can tell by looking at the interior if u have white seats the car is a ultimate if u have black leather seats then u have a regular turbo which does not come with a black roof

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you sure u purchased a ultimate turbo? Mine has a painted roof (black) now i have noticed people buying the regular turbo and wrapping the top with vinyl you can tell by looking at the interior if u have white seats the car is a ultimate if u have black leather seats then u have a regular turbo which does not come with a black roof
Unless he's in Canada, in which case we don't get white seats at all and our "ultimate" is the Turbo Tech model with black leather interior and an optional black (painted) roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Wargoose
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing