Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo here's my story, and just want some feedback from other members which have done business with Import Shark. Towards the beginning of the month/end of last month (don't remember exactly when it's been so long and I have my son to worry about rather than some parts) I ordered a ArtX pre-painted rear spoiler and a GDI Badge from these guys. A couple of days before Valentines Day I sent an E-Mail requesting the status because a good week and a half or more had gone by at that time and my car was at the body shop. The Email I received from them is that it's going to take 12-15 days to get here from Korea then 12-15 days to ship to me and on top of it all it takes time to paint since I wanted it pre-painted. Now I understand time to paint (about a week when working with bulk orders I'll explain that time-frame later) I understand time to ship overseas(ballpark about 2 weeks understandable ok) And time to ship to me(about 5-7 business days Ground from where ever you are in the country I'll explain this as well)... I still haven't received a "hey your parts are in the states and we'll ship to you soon" or a "Hi your parts are flying in outer space! holla at mars to get them here asap" I quite frankly haven't received any kind of solid communication and am a little worried; should I go through Pay-Pal and my Credit Card to cancel this, and order the parts from another vendor or what to do??? Fellow members please help!!!!

Now to explain my knowledge of how the auto parts game works, as I've mentioned in a few of my older posts my husband works for Nissan, He actually is a one man operation for his dealership's online store and 2nd largest in the region after the infamous "Courtesy Parts". He orders numerous parts Direct from Japan, and has them here in no more than 14 business days from the suppliers due to volume, Special order painted parts due to volume as well and only one location doing the painting takes about a week turn-around time they usually paint same color code parts at the same time to have a better time management. And lastly shipping, he uses Fed-Ex, USPS, and UPS all of them with only their ground services to cut costs down for customers though shipping times are generally longer, it's never been more than 7 business days for a part to arrive at a location, and EVERY ONE of his customers has a tracking number as soon as the part is in his hands and prepped for shipping. Now is one man can guarantee all of his customers get what they need at the volume he does what's the big deal here??? Anyway I'll try to send them another E-Mail today and see "what da dilly yo??" sorry for the vent but feedback and suggestions from my fellow members would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ordered the same part from "automotiveapple" on ebay in Marathon Blue and had it in my hands 9 days later, Mikes good people but to make money they tend to wait till they have a large order to save on shipping,, sound like that's probably what happened here

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
There's a "snail mail" freight crater coming over for IS due in the next couple weeks. I know my head lights are on it, but was told end of Feb/early March. You can PM Mike here on the forum and see if that's your hang up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a "snail mail" freight crater coming over for IS due in the next couple weeks. I know my head lights are on it, but was told end of Feb/early March. You can PM Mike here on the forum and see if that's your hang up.
What's his username?? I'll give him a try, I sent an E-Mail last night to the address posted on their page. Thanks for all the feedback so far guys

·
Registered
330 Posts
This is making me really uncertain of ordering anything from them as I dont want it to be tied up forever an get no response.

·
Registered
193 Posts
When I ordered form IS it did take about 3 weeks to recieve my order. Its just a waiting game if you want what they have...

Reactions: SunnyD

·
Registered
0 Posts
I got my NGM intake within 3-4 days, but the coupler shipped separate from CA. Was about 6 days total. I had to PM him asking why I just got the filter and pipe before he told me. Why not save me the trouble and say its coming from two places when I paid? Not a big deal, but caused a little confusion.

Pm'd Mike about a Sequence Grille cover a few days ago but I didn't get a response. Bought elsewhere.

I've ordered maybe 4 times (few when I had my 2007 Tib and now the V's SRI). Product always arrived in good shape, but he can be hard to reach/get answers from sometimes. Add in the typical ship times from Korea and it can make for a headache inducing situation.

TL/DR - Good products, but his CS is lacking.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So I did send them an E-Mail, 48 hours later as advertised for responses and still no reply, and today when I'm trying to get on the website it's not even coming up "Internal Server Error". My hubby is saying just to start taking it up with PayPal, but I don't want to do that to them, all I want is an honest reply and if they can't answer just give me my money back and we can call it water under the bridge.

UPDATE:
So I just checked my E-Mail again and I did get a reply, they assured me my order should be on its way to me next week. I can't wait :).... I would have to say honestly though the status updates haven't been the best their replies are on point, I checked my history in my E-Mail and not once has one of my E-Mails gone un-answered. I'll wait to get the spoiler in and if things continue at this rate I'll remember just to e-mail with questions if I have any, so chances are I will be ordering more things for my V from them in the future... Keeping my fingers crossed...

·
Registered
730 Posts
^^^

What he said. No Failures on actually getting the parts.

Patience, Grasshopper....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^

What he said. No Failures on actually getting the parts.

Patience, Grasshopper....
Gotcha I understand that Hyundai is probably a little different from the Nissan world my hubby deals with as far as mass market performance/body parts and importing... Just will take a little getting used to...

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Yeah...parts for us only come quickly when the vendors have extras in stock in their warehouses. This being my second Hyundai, i've learned about patience and how long it can take for parts dependant on overseas shipping, customs, ect.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just saw this thread, to shed some light on this shipping matter, We are on 5 other forums, and receive over 1000 emails a day, our system hasn't been updated as to a sudden illness with a member of our team. We have no problem of updating a customer when asked but it might take 24-48 hours for a response. We just hired a new associate for this forum so you should see a lot more activity going on from our end.

Now most parts we do not keep stocked in our NY, or CA warehouse. They tend to be in Korea where items are painted and packaged and shipped. We ship in Bulk to our warehouses here which they are then broken apart and then shipped to you the consumer. Most of the time we update your status on Paypal, with the tracking. Sometimes some don't go through or that package didn't call for it. Our Shipping times are on the longer side, but we strive to always be within our allowed time.

For any questions feel free to Email myself at [email protected] or PM here and I will do my best to answer your questions.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just saw this thread, to shed some light on this shipping matter, We are on 5 other forums, and receive over 1000 emails a day, our system hasn't been updated as to a sudden illness with a member of our team. We have no problem of updating a customer when asked but it might take 24-48 hours for a response. We just hired a new associate for this forum so you should see a lot more activity going on from our end.

Now most parts we do not keep stocked in our NY, or CA warehouse. They tend to be in Korea where items are painted and packaged and shipped. We ship in Bulk to our warehouses here which they are then broken apart and then shipped to you the consumer. Most of the time we update your status on Paypal, with the tracking. Sometimes some don't go through or that package didn't call for it. Our Shipping times are on the longer side, but we strive to always be within our allowed time.

For any questions feel free to Email myself at [email protected] or PM here and I will do my best to answer your questions.
Hi Jay,

I sent a PM here on the board to Mike a couple days ago..i know its the weekend...so just throwing it out here to see if we can get a status on the NGM coilover shipment. I pre ordered...so was curious if they have arrived and when they will be shipping out to those that have bought. I also order a strut brace and havent seen anything concerning it either. Again,. I know its the weekend, and you guys are pretty busy, jsut seeing if theres an update yet.

thx Brad

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Hope the illness isn't to serious! Again....always received my parts in a timely manner and was made aware the last order wouldn't be in for a while, so i'm sure they'll be here soon and arrive in great shape as always. Looking forward to the spring!

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Also, prepainted parts require an inspection before being shipped. If our guys in Korea feel something is not right, then they have the paint shops correct it. We don't have a system in place for sending repeated updates and instead rely on extended shipping times posted on our website for people to reference--or if meeting or exceeding this, to simply contact us for an update. Furthermore, we inspect painted items here in the USA as well, which is another reason why delivery times can seem to be a while. Yes, we can ship direct from Korea, but in a vast experience of nearly 15 years of being in the automotive aftermarket scene, the postal service tends to cause more damage than direct shipping is worth. Also, keep in mind that the beginning of February is when the Korean New Year period takes place, and the entire country shuts down for at least a week. (We had a note on the front page of our website about this a few weeks ago). After new year, paint services are backed up and postal warehouses are grossly overloaded--so this can add another week to delivery times during this period. It's just a timing thing, that's all. A simple email to us for an update is all that would have been needed to review this information one-on-one. Creating a forum post like this unfortunately can give people the wrong idea. Thanks for the understanding.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not a problem. I will look into and get back to you as soon as I have some info.

Been a couple more days...sent Mike another PM, but still no info or update. I'd just like to know where we are at and the next time frame to be looking for the order to be shipped. (coilovers and strut bar) I understand being busy, but this post and 2 PM's have gone unanswered more than 48 hours.

Reactions: oldsalt

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got the PM this morning....Thanks for the update Mike!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts