Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Veloster Turbo Cobalt Blue/Black
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Veloster was a used 2013 Turbo in cobalt blue (forgive me if the Color name was different then). I purchased it in 2016 and I thoroughly enjoyed putting on 200,000 km on it in four years. Sadly the engine suffered a major head issue and I managed to work a deal with a great dealership to trade it in on a new 2020.

This Turbo was a Dark Night with black two tone. I was so impressed with this car. In my opinion one of the best balances of style, performance, fuel economy and uniqueness....

Unfortunately I only had it for a little over a month and only 4000km before an oncoming Rav 4 decided to turn left in front of me. The impact was quite severe, airbags deployed, BlueLink activated and called emergency services. I walked away from the accident with just bruised ribs from the seatbelt. The car didn’t fare as well but I know it performed as it was designed to protect the occupant.

As I post this I am waiting for delivery of another 2020 Turbo (Cobalt Blue two tone this time!

·
Registered
1.6 Turbo
65 Posts
Wow reminds me of my story. I started out with a 2016 turbo, had it 2 months before it was side swiped. Thats the only thing that concerns me with these small cars is getting hit and the damage that may total them

·
Registered
2020 Veloster Turbo Cobalt Blue/Black
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was actually impressed that there was comparable damage to the much heavier SUV involved...

E721F059-5A97-42CF-95FB-4BC8215BE9DF.jpeg

The reason my V was written off was that it was scraped down the entire left side, including the rear bumper cover.
I was also impressed that everything safety related worked as advertised.

Minor side notes: My 2013 VT was Marathon blue.
All three VTs were/are manual

Has anyone heard rumours of Hyundai (Canada) releasing a 2021 V ? I have read reviews of 2021 models by US magazines saying ‘no changes for 2021’. Only 2021 V showing on Hyundai Canada is the N.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts