Veloster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
you could look for XD elantras in the junkyard and probably get them for quite cheap! Might even be able to get the alloys instead of steelies for a 'steal'

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Yeah, lots of different wheels will probably fit. Even with the 18s its a tight fit.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Don't forget about the ET of the wheel too. You all are talking about the size, but the ET for a replacement wheel for a winter tire mount is critical.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good to point out short circuit. The wheel offset for the VT is 5-114.3 (5 bolts, 114.3cm offset), just like the vast majority of the compact cars out there. In my city, Kijiji has a massive amount of Mazda 3 wheels for sale with 5-114.3, but only a couple from Hyundai. At the very least, having such a common wheel configuration makes it easy to find steel wheels for Winter. There's always someone looking to sell an older or slightly used set.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good to point out short circuit. The wheel offset for the VT is 5-114.3 (5 bolts, 114.3cm offset), just like the vast majority of the compact cars out there. In my city, Kijiji has a massive amount of Mazda 3 wheels for sale with 5-114.3, but only a couple from Hyundai. At the very least, having such a common wheel configuration makes it easy to find steel wheels for Winter. There's always someone looking to sell an older or slightly used set.
What you meant is bolt pattern. Wheel offset is completely something else.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I tried today my 16 inch mazda wheels that I bought as winter wheels but they don't fit. Inside the wheel seems large enought for the disc and the caliper but I have a problem with the offset.
The model of the wheels is like this
ALY64840U.jpg

So don't waste your time to buy this wheels for you VT.

Someone can tell me 16 inch wheels model that is compatible with my VT?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The dealer sells 16" steel wheels for 80 a pop

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I looked into the Mazda wheels too, butt hey have about a 50-52 offset which is far too high.

Ive read on another website that TireRack is selling steel wheels for he VT that they guarantee will fit. They are a 42 offset which is lower then the OEM 18s and will clear the calipers.

The wheels I tried were a 50, so I believe the key is a low offset winter wheel. Unfortunately, that might rule out many, many other wheels. Most Mazdas are in the 50 area, Honda 45 and lots of other Hyundai are 48.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know that is cheaper but I don't want steel wheel. I had steel wheel on my celica and after one winter you can some spots of rust.
The best case should be used strong OEM wheels.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sigh... I think I might just pick up some black steelies from Costco. They'll have them for a lot less than $80 each!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just make sure the offset will clear your calipers

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Im thinking the alloy wheels from a Tucson might work. Same basic Hyundai specs, but they have a offset of 41. I found a set for $100 so I might pick them up to try.

I really dont like the look of steelies either, but they work and they are cheap. Instead of black, Id consider painting them silver/dark grey to match the silver accents the VT has.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I haaaate the look of steelies...but I'm trying to get as cheap as possible here, and this might be my best bet, whilst having an absolute guarantee that they will fit.
If Hyundai Dealer steelies don't fit on my Hyundai, they will have a war on their hands.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
They will if Costco says they'll fit, or I'm returning them. I'm not concerned about buying from a shop, just 2nd hand.

MTD, did you check the official offset from your spare? Is it in the owner's manual? Offset is definitely something most people don't know about when posting used wheels for sale.

So all we know so far is 15" wheels out, Mazda 3 16" wheels out. 16" with an offset of 42 should fit, and an offset of 50 won't fit.

What about Genesis wheels?

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Im at my dealer for an oil change and I have a brochure from their parts department. I've known the guy that works here for a few years and he's a solid guy, so his info will be accurate. He gave me a Hyundai Canada brochure that has all the official winter wheel and tire packages they sell/recommend. Wheels are all made by Fast and tires vary. I will scan it when I get home for you guys, but it's saying that the VT requires a 16" miminum wheel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Another dude from VT.org ordered 15" from tirerack with an offset of 42 I believe.
He said TireRack guaranteed they will fit. They haven't arrived yet, but he said he'd let us know about the fit when the come in (about a week or so I believe).

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Yeah I saw that. The one thing that is unfortunate when delaying with a brand new car, is figuring out what fits and what doesn't. Trial and error from new users lol.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
With the lower offset, they should fit no problem. The FAST wheels my dealer was recommending are all 40-42 offset. Thats a good price too. Konig wheels are a decent wheel. No Volks, but really any cast wheel will be about the same quality.

My VT is going in for service next week, so Im going to ask them if they can test fit some of the wheels they have on hand to see what fits and what doesnt.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Subscribed. I really need to find some winter wheels/tires for my VT too. I'm willing to use Steelies if I have to.
MTD, looking forward to that scan when you can!

Cheers.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts