Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I need to replace my volume knob on my Veloster 2016 , does anyone knows if this just pull out. I don't want to try and break anything.

Thanks for any advise

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
What’s wrong with the knob? Is it not turning the volume? Is it it shutting off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the knob it’s fine it’s just look like the front where you push as time have pass it’s looking like melted. And I want to replace it for a new knob.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
oh i gotcha. i'm not sure! i never tried to take the knobs off when i swapped out my busted faceplate :(

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
No, the knob it’s fine it’s just look like the front where you push as time have pass it’s looking like melted. And I want to replace it for a new knob.
Try using some rubbing alcohol on it with a clean cloth. It may take a few tries but it will remove that "melted" condition. My 2012 dash is starting to get that stickiness that car interior plastics have (even in high end cars). There are plenty of YouTube videos that address this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try using some rubbing alcohol on it with a clean cloth. It may take a few tries but it will remove that "melted" condition. My 2012 dash is starting to get that stickiness that car interior plastics have (even in high end cars). There are plenty of YouTube videos that address this.
Thank will try that hopefully it works otherwise I need to find a way to change it cause looking at it it’s driving me nuts 😆

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
I tried to get the knob off the radio last night. It may come off with some pliers or whatnot ... not sure. I can print one in PLA if someone would design it lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried to get the knob off the radio last night. It may come off with some pliers or whatnot ... not sure. I can print one in PLA if someone would design it lol
I try looking for videos but nothing , so my last option it’s going to the dealership and see if the know lol they have to come off cause you can buy the replacements

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
552 Posts
I try looking for videos but nothing , so my last option it’s going to the dealership and see if the know lol they have to come off cause you can buy the replacements
Have you tried eBay for a replacement or even a Chinese knockoff?
Good luck.
Maybe a picture would help too. 😉👍

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
if you can buy a replacement, just get your channelocks or pliers and pull that badboy off! lol

Reactions: misnblu
1 - 10 of 10 Posts