Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I´m about to buy a 2014 Veloster turbo, actually, i live in Montreal and we expect a snowy 5 months, i need your feedback and experience about the turbo performance in snow climat.
what the best tires for the VT.
2014 Veloster with 60 000 Km.
Thank you for your help.

·
weekend racer
6,979 Posts
car goes fine in snow, just get snow tires and don't drive like an ass :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put Continental Extreme Contact Ultra High Performance All Season tires on my VT, and they do really good on snow packed roads here in Denver

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put Continental Extreme Contact Ultra High Performance All Season tires on my VT, and they do really good on snow packed roads here in Denver
Thank you, actually, i was thinking of Continental Extreme tires too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do it! You'll love them! My boss has them on his BMW, my wife has them on her Ford Escape, they both love them too!

·
weekend racer
6,979 Posts
i have family in upstate new york (plattsburgh) they be rolling on actual snow tires up there.

honestly if you can afford and have the space for a second set of wheels and tires, you should opt for that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just joined the forum. I was worried when I got my 16 VT earlier this month. It had newer Kumho Solus on them when I purchased it. On the way from the dealership which was North of Indianapolis, I drove back home to North of Cincinnati. It had rained earlier in the evening and turned into patches of ice. I felt so uneasy all the way home. The following day, I still had light rain and still felt so unstable like I was floating. I did some research and the following day installed a set of the Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06 225/40 ZR 18 XL. Wow!!! What a world of difference. In the dry, sooo grippy. Several days ago, I had to drive from Cincinnati to Columbus which was about an hour and a half on the highway with moderate to heavy rains... solid wet performance! We finally got some real snow today, but I stayed in. I'll update tomorrow on how well they do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts