Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

My car occasionally cranks and turns on "weak". Once on it gets going fine, idles fine. (this only happens once in a while.)

Usually when the above happens,when I shift into drive and give it gas my car goes no where. The RPMS rise, but again not going anywhere.

My car was driven by tech at the dealership for two days and they couldn't get it to replicate.

Eventually got the car back, however it just happened to me again. Took me 4 times before it started normally and was able to drive like normal......I then turned my car off again to see if it would do it again, and it turned back on and still drove normal.

My question is there is no check engine light. So is something about to be needed to get replaced? I would like to tell them instead of them just waiting for a code to get throw. Or making anything worse.

(My engine replacement was covered under warranty.)

Thanks,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also to add I use manual mode 100% of the time. Does this have anything to do with it you think? I cant see why just a thought.

Once in a blue moon i may get a hesitated/pull around 3rd gear shift that I can feel.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Also to add I use manual mode 100% of the time. Does this have anything to do with it you think? I cant see why just a thought.

Once in a blue moon i may get a hesitated/pull around 3rd gear shift that I can feel.
Well, you just asked a good question! Try driving it in automatic for a while and see! Did the dealership drive it in manual mode?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, you just asked a good question! Try driving it in automatic for a while and see! Did the dealership drive it in manual mode?
I do not believe they did. When take it back tomorrow morning I will ask. I plan to have them check my transmission fluid, as well as my crankshaft position sensor.As ive seen on the other forums this could help.

Took it for a drive tonight and heard a very very very slight squeal when shifting from 1st to 2nd. (in D mode) Not sure if its because car was just cold. But never heard before on cold drives.

Will also let them know this.

I refuse to give up on this car.

60582 miles.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You never did say what year your car is, this would help.

I repeat this over and over again but check your under hood grounds.
If they've never been cleaned then do so.
Remove the lugs from the body, cleanup the connection to bare metal, and reattach.
Do this to all the grounds you see attached to your under hood body connections.

Your main ground from the batyery to the body is the same way. Clean it up and go from there.
Electrical efficiency is needed for our cars so this will at least rule out that part of your troubleshooting.

Hope this works and good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You never did say what year your car is, this would help.

I repeat this over and over again but check your under hood grounds.
If they've never been cleaned then do so.
Remove the lugs from the body, cleanup the connection to bare metal, and reattach.
Do this to all the grounds you see attached to your under hood body connections.

Your main ground from the batyery to the body is the same way. Clean it up and go from there.
Electrical efficiency is needed for our cars so this will at least rule out that part of your troubleshooting.

Hope this works and good luck.
Its a 2016.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I will run this by the dealer as well.

Today it happened again before taking my car to the dealer. I noticed when i turned my car on, the traction control light was on (indicating traction control was off.) I usually have to press the button before i turn my car on to turn off traction control. Not sure if this helps as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts