Veloster Forum banner

Veloster N spoiler

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  utspoolup 
#1 ·
I have a 2020 veloster Rspec. I was wondering if the 2020 N spoiler would fit my car and if it does where would be the best place to buy it.

#4 ·
unless a carbon fiber one came on the N, they won't. have to go aftermarket.

#5 ·
I have not seen a US dealer carry the Performance spoiler. However, for a METRIC ton cheaper, pick up the N spoiler, then some time later pick up the ADRO carbon top deck. It bolts on an replaces the top part of the N spoiler just like the performance one does, looks more aggressive than factory but not as aggressive as the performance one, and this combo is well over a thousand or more cheaper depending on what you find the performance one for.

#6 ·
I have not seen a US dealer carry the Performance spoiler. However, for a METRIC ton cheaper, pick up the N spoiler, then some time later pick up the ADRO carbon top deck. It bolts on an replaces the top part of the N spoiler just like the performance one does, looks more aggressive than factory but not as aggressive as the performance one, and this combo is well over a thousand or more cheaper depending on what you find the performance one for.
Oooou that doesn't sound too baddd! You think you could link it for me? I'd like to see what you mean

#7 ·
Factory N spoilers go for $400 or less if you can find someone local selling them. The ADRO is 700, but can be had for less. When I got min it was almost 200 cheaper. https://adrousa.com/collections/hyu...s/hyundai-veloster-carbon-fiber-trunk-spoiler

Total 900. The performace spoiler I have seen listed at 1800 to 2700 USD. Typical prices is 2100 to 2400.

ADRO on my N when I got it.

There are 7 Philips screws holding the top deck to the bottom deck on the factory N spoiler all accessible from the bottom once you get the spoiler off (2 on each end, and 3 down the center in the support braces). They are a P3 Philips and are in there like a MOFO, so do NOT try to use a P2 Philips to remove it, they will strip, get a P3 if you do not have one. Once you get the 7 screws out, you need to pry the 2 pieces apart. They are glued with a thick pad of 3M VHB tape, be gentle, but it DOES take a ton of force. But you will see the glue stretching if you are doing it right, it will eventually just pop off. The ADRO replaces the top deck only, they provide 7 Allen bolts to hold them together. To replace or remove the 3rd brake like you need to separate these same pieces, then it is held in from the top of the bottom deck with 2 machine screws. There was no guide when I was trying to do this last fall with the other SCGW spoiler, so it was done by feel, so I was being very careful, but now that I have done it a dozen times trying to fit that other spoiler, I personally would advise others just to go the ADRO route.

#8 ·
I never knew this site was so helpful wow! This is where you find legends😂😂. On a more serious note you were saying you have to pry them apart because it only replaces the top deck right? My friend ordered I carbon fiber on from carid and it came with the same screws but the whole thing is carbon fiber. Does that mean he has to separate them and screw them into the lower deck? Or could we install the whole thing with the screws?

#10 ·
Some are 1 piece, some are 2 piece like the factory, some just replace part of the wing. Many options out there. I did buy the SoCal garage work all CF one it is a PIECE of crapolla, I have pages of rant on how bad it fits, even just looking at the photos on their site, its easy to see it fits like a fat girl in a spandex dress. You look since you want to know why and how but do not really like what you see. Its easy to tell if it replaces it all or part, but if it is the same one that SCGW sells, Im curious to see the after photos.

#11 ·
Yes it well there’s four bolts and it will come off kind of hard there’s double-sided sticky tape that holds most of that fan on slowly pry one side to the other the tape adhesive will come off and the new one you can find on eBay I have a full carbon fiber one and a carbon fiber hood I have the 2019 turbo have lots of pictures

#16 ·
The ADRO V2? If so post up photos man, Im sure you are going to like it. Also let me know how off my process is, but I don't think you will find much fault it in. Just take your time, pay attention and it should be fine. One other thing. If the threads to the new spoiler are gummed up a little, use a thread chaser to clean them. I had one that was rough so I hit it with my chase set (sorry I don't remember the size) but defiantly post up photos man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.