Veloster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

so i searched a bit but didn't find any answers. This weekend some destroyed the rear bumper. But this is insurrance. It hurts to see my baby like that. But it happened. My question. Do you guys think a turbo rear bumper would fit an n/a v? i would just convert to turbo look. Rear turbo bumper turbo side skirts. And at front it is blacked out with ez lip so i wanted it to be like that. Exhaust is aftermarket and can be modified to the turbo bumper. But will the rest fit?

Thanks alot. ;-)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yes the rear bumper and front bumper from the turbo both fit on the NAV. For the rear you will need the bumper, the reflectors, diffuser, exhaust tips, and lower diffuser.

I think the exhaust tips are different size, though. You might need to do some exhaust work to make the turbo tips fit. I think it's 1.75" for the NAV and 2.5" for the turbo (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this). So your mounting for the turbo tips would be too big for the NAV exhaust without some modification to make it fit.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And the steel bumper is different. Just saw it on a drawing. I hope i get enough so i can get a complete rear bumper.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
weekend racer
6,578 Posts
wrong!

not just the "plastic' piece - the whole fitment is off as the "diffuser" is much larger on the turbo. you'll need everything shown except the wiring and fasteners.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I thought I clarified that everything will essentially need to change in my first post. Only thing I didn't mention is the metal bumper fitment bracket shown in the picture.

The one part I was questionable on was the exhaust diameter. The turbo has a larger diameter than the NAV, but by how much I was unsure. Do you know?

·
weekend racer
6,578 Posts
i don't. but that will be irrelevant :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes i know as i said a complete rear bumper. Brackets diffuser... :p
ill see how this turns out. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if i get a complete bumper brackets and the aluminium bumper. Do you think it wil fit? Does it have the same attach points? I think i can get it for the price i get from my insurrance. ;-)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am thinking of doing the same thing because a guy hit me from the back and I need my items replaced. Just like you I could find no one who went through with it all the way.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm , i know. I sended a mail to a friend of mine who works at hyundai. Hope he respond soon. :p but i'm thinking about a full conversion. ;-)

·
weekend racer
6,578 Posts
the rear bumper is a bolt on affair if you have all the pieces.

·
weekend racer
6,578 Posts
yes, the bumper, the diffuser, the exhaust trim, the grey V line, the reflector bezels, and reflectors.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I did the reverse. Went from Turbo Rear assy to NA bumper after an accident. But I am still looking for the chrome trim from a NA if anyone still has theirs available.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts