• 45-59

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • 60-75

Votes: 16 25.8%
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was 69 when I bought my 2019 Turbo Ultimate 6-speed last August. I've been driving stick shifts my whole life and didn't want to change now. Owned a 1964 Datsun 1500, 1967 Alfa Romeo Spyder, 1972 MGB, 1980 Fiat X1/9. Then went suburban with a 1990 Acura Integra, 1993 Acura Integra and finally a 2004 Acura RSX, all manual. I'm in western NY and my dealer had to find my car in Ohio because all of the ones in my area were automatics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Age???

Curious how the Veloster sells in terms of demographics. I suspect I'm an old timer around here at 51.

Craig
Well, I'm in NC..and I am 59 years old, and I love my Veloster. I'll be 60 years old next year. I see a lot of young and older drivers with the Veloster, some drivers look older then me. I'd say the vehicle is popular here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
As the OP, I'm extremely surprised(pleasantly) by the poll responses. I would never have guessed the response from the more mature crowd. I guess with more and more cars today not offering real manual transmissions anymore, purists still enjoy them and Hyundai is offering us what we want. A Fun sporty economical yet affordable car with great reliability and warranty.

Craig

·
Registered
16 Posts
Damn, i thought at 71 I would have been the oldest kid here with a Veloster LOL. I just wanted something sporty that got very good mileage but because of all the issues I am not sure I made the right choice. 2015, 33430k on the clock and Hyundai needs to replace the hatch actuator and charcoal cannister. Also getting battery drains on a brand new battery bought elsewhere. The dealer is telling me the battery had a bad cell. I went back to Mavis and they showed me the test and it showed a good battery? Going back to the dealership when my parts are in to fight with them. They just want be to buy a $200 battery from them. A typical car dealership.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'll be 47 in a few months, which surprisingly puts me on the younger side of this poll so far. I'm also surprised how many others got the 6-speed manual. My dad made me take my driver's test in a truck with a stick shift, and I've been driving manuals ever since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 50 and love driving my 2016 Turbo 6-speed manual. The cockpit interior is beautiful and perfect! (Glad the speedometer is still a traditional needle-based and not a digital screen with "fluctuating" numbers.) Just love grabbing that unique door handle and closing the door to drive away....:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am 81....have turbo stick......90,000 miles all synthetic oil changes @ 3500 mile intervals. Would buy a new one but, the dealer has pissed me off so bad !!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am 68, will be 69 in July. I love my Turbo V. This was originally my daughters car (she bought new at the Hyundai dealership where she worked). However, last year her dumbass boyfriend rear ended her and the insurance company totaled the car. I bought it back from insurance and rebuilt it and added some enhancements. (New larger rear wing, a taillight change-out from a earlier model, exhaust mods, light duty trailer hitch, and rear seat delete and put in platform for my 78 lb Catahoula Leopard Dog. This is a great hot rod for us pony car owners from the 60's and 70's. Smaller, lighter, faster and drives like a go cart!

·
Registered
8 Posts
85 , just bought a 2015 turbo with auto. too old for sticks anymore.price was 13500
with 45000 miles. its a vitamin c of course i love it. had at least 50 cars since 1954.
not in the best shape, so its a little hard to enter and exit, but sure is fun when I make
in there. see yea,iker

·
Registered
112 Posts
God bless man! These cars are damn fun. I'ma "Young" 60 myself. Upgraded from a 2013 NAV w a stick to a 2019 R Spec and I LOVE it. I will say this about gettin in and out. It's a damn sight easier than my 71 MG Midget!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts