Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2013 Veloster base. Recently I've been hearing a lot of rattling and clunking in the front of the car when going over bumps and a bit of clicking when making sharp turns slowly. I got my car diagnosed and they said I need new struts. I definitely want to replace whatever isn't working properly at the lowest cost. Although, I also really want to improve the suspension in my car at the same time. what would the parts I'd be looking for and what is a good improvement at a reasonable prices? not looking to spend over $2k in total.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,285 Posts
a shop will most likely want to purchase and install the parts. if not, rockauto has great prices for the struts and hats.

clicking sounds like an axle though.

what is your mileage?

Reactions: Ricky-D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a 2013 Veloster base. Recently I've been hearing a lot of rattling and clunking in the front of the car when going over bumps and a bit of clicking when making sharp turns slowly. I got my car diagnosed and they said I need new struts. I definitely want to replace whatever isn't working properly at the lowest cost. Although, I also really want to improve the suspension in my car at the same time. what would the parts I'd be looking for and what is a good improvement at a reasonable prices? not looking to spend over $2k in total.
Never let a good excuse for upgrades go to waste ... but I'm betting the root cause costs $4.99 on Amazon plus a couple hours of labor that is very well documented on Youtubes: https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Steering-Coupling-56330-4Z000-563152K000FFF/dp/B07KSVH362

1 - 4 of 4 Posts