Veloster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My Turbo 1.6 L Veloster 2013 had only 64k and had a catastrophic failure during driving blowing cylinder one conrod failure under the sump. The car stalled and oil slick all over the road. Lucky it was near home back street. The warranty was honoured at the dealer and will cover a new engine because I service the car every 7.5k. I'm quite disappointed this happened but the car will take 4 weeks to be ready. Meanwhile they gave me a loan car. Has anyone had the same issue with this motor. Cheers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No the same issue with my N/A 2013 1.6L Veloster, but at 193k miles I'm hearing knocking. Some YT videos with similar sounds indicate it's the 'bottom end' issue. Crankshaft to piston rod connection and slopping as the engine moves from the compression to exhaust stroke. A worm crankshaft and/or piston rod sleeves.

I've had regular oil changes but also think the valve cover gasket needs changing because I'm looking oil periodically. I'm taking it to a service tech for to diagnose to decide if a replacement engine or rebuild is in order.

I am seeing the V2020 has a 2.0L engine so will check that out this weekend.

Nardo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts