Veloster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all
Firstly, please forgive me,I am Chinese dude so maybe my English is not that good to explain what happening on my car, but I will do my best to explain what I current know, thank you all.😂
OK, here is the things ,obviously ,my car is an used car in UAE and American type.since JULY, my car have some electric issues or something else I don` t know.
THE FRIST problems is when I try to launch my car`s engine , the power is cut ,absolutely cut, no light ,no fans ,nothing !!! even I can`t turn on the indicator .how I sovle the problem every time for temporary is wobble the battery positive cable and have power again.
SECOND ,sometimes when I driving on the way and someone being crazy cut my head to change the lane and I flash my head beams to warning him (at day time) ,and when I flash head beams my car is shortly cut the whole power and power back itselfs again.probably 1 or 2 seconds,and at that moment my foot currrently on the brake and I can feel the brake loss the pressure and super tight ,but just 1 or 2 seconds.
THIRDLY,when I parking my car ,I changed my gear to P and the car keep doing lose power →power up → lose power →power up.last time is 10 MINUTES AGO, and this time my car` s steering wheel is die off and the dashboard show me an EPS(Electronic power steering)error light and an ABS error light, but usually those light just on before I start my car ,and always gone when car started ,so I was think this is just calibration like battery light or engine oil light.but today ,when I in P gears ,my car keep doing that things .how do I know my car keep doing that things because the head beams is keep flashing and I can do nothing about it ,car just dead over there till I restart my car again and the steering is back but I still can not move my car in the P gears till I go to N gears to toward a little bit .weird!!!!
so please help me to discussion those problems, thank you all......

·
Registered
621 Posts
It would seem to me that the first thing you need to do is get a new battery and insure the battery cables are in good condition and properly connected.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Today 's menu,when I take off my job and start the car ,show me this light.well I don't know what going on right now.its seems like some problem is coming,my last car keep have this light and finally she's engine is gone forever,probably I need go to garage to check it out,But could I still driving tomorrow?it is safe?

·
Super Moderator
4,289 Posts
I'm wondering if your alternator is going out. Theoretically your car should be able to run on the alternator alone. No or little charge to the battery, could cause this problem

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm wondering if your alternator is going out. Theoretically your car should be able to run on the alternator alone. No or little charge to the battery, could cause this problem
I just so confused about that engine check light on,if battery or alternator issues,shouldn't cause the engine issues,or that engine check light just because alternator unable to change the battery?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would seem to me that the first thing you need to do is get a new battery and insure the battery cables are in good condition and properly connected.
I through that should be battery,we will see when I reach the garage,hopefully I can able to driving one more day with engine check light 😞

·
Super Moderator
4,289 Posts
Have you though about putting your battery on a charger or going to an auto parts store and have the battery and alternator checked?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Additionally, a bright person like you should surely want to purchase an inexpensive OBDII reader that can transmit wifi to your phone and reveal what are the codes which are illuminating the engine light. And I would especially encourage you to check the engine oil before starting the engine again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Additionally, a bright person like you should surely want to purchase an inexpensive OBDII reader that can transmit wifi to your phone and reveal what are the codes which are illuminating the engine light. And I would especially encourage you to check the engine oil before starting the engine again.
checked oil,level is ok (Please see next post for picture ),maybe dirty but just 5600 mi: So don't know what going on,and next few days is Eid holiday so no one will fix my car till 4 days later 😩😩😩

·
Super Moderator
4,289 Posts
the power is cut ,absolutely cut, no light ,no fans ,nothing !!! even I can`t turn on the indicator .how I sovle the problem every time for temporary is wobble the battery positive cable and have power again.
OK, wobbling the battery terminal means it is not tight. Tighten it. Also check your grounds while you are at it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all,for now,all the problems are solved,well,for now.that engine check light is nothing,was check by a magic ipad in garage and says only one thing is P0441 Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow

But I never heard about it,anyway that garage dude says its Ok I take it.
Another thing about battery is real battery issue,that battery fastener can't tighten anymore so that dude use something to fixed.so for now I drove 60km to my home and so far so good.
But if have any further questions I will update again,anyway,thank you all to help me,very appreciate 😂😂😂

1 - 17 of 17 Posts