21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
weekend racer
7,401 Posts
Yup it’s between the 5 and 8.

·
Registered
631 Posts
hi sorry it took long to get back. The code i am getting is PO456 (system leak detected, very small leak)
That code could be for a few things but the most common is a bad gas cap. Replace that first and see if the code goes away. I’d suggest an OEM cap from Hyundai. You can get one from Amazon very inexpensively.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi sorry it took long to get back. The code i am getting is PO456 (system leak detected, very small leak)
No, this is under the car, near the rear by the canister. (not hard at all, if you can tell what is pictured.)

Between 8 and 5

View attachment 132727
the Evap emissions valve that you’re referring to back by the fuel tank that is attached to the charcoal canister is a Vent Valve. The Purge Valve is located on the intake manifold in the engine bay. Now, the vent valve opens when your car is “Off” and when you start your Veloster the vent valve closes then if there’s any fuel vapors built up during operation they flow through the lines through the one way valve then to the purge valve so the vapors can be burnt and used in the combustion process. Yes change you fuel cap with an OEM dealer one. If it doesn’t reset then get the code erased then see if it pops back up? If so, then go to a shop and get your Evap system smoke tested. Should cost around 40-50 dollars to do.

·
Registered
16 VT
586 Posts
Disagree, vent valve is normally open valve, only shut for evap test, during purge operation it has to be open, cannot pull through and being open to atmosphere is subjected to elements. Thus, it does not close completely when under test, and giving a small leak code, like he has. Which was recommended by RPW, to smoke test correctly, this vent valve would have to be actuated to see no smoke out fuel filler pipe. So instead of all that, just replace part from tribal knowledge, cheaper than labor elsewhere.

·
weekend racer
7,401 Posts
you can also actuate all these valves using a good 9v battery and 2 wires. the inner seal on my canister close valve was visibly damaged... it's bright orange and easy to see once you pop it off the car.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
32 Posts
Disagree, vent valve is normally open valve, only shut for evap test, during purge operation it has to be open, cannot pull through and being open to atmosphere is subjected to elements. Thus, it does not close completely when under test, and giving a small leak code, like he has. Which was recommended by RPW, to smoke test correctly, this vent valve would have to be actuated to see no smoke out fuel filler pipe. So instead of all that, just replace part from tribal knowledge, cheaper than labor elsewhere.
Wrong the reason the vent valve opens when the ignition is in the off position is so it can vent to the atmosphere while your car is sitting in the hot day sun. Also ever wonder why when some people have trouble filling gas when they are at a filling station getting fuel?
Well when they fill up there cars the gas nozzle won’t let them fill there tank without the nozzle back surging fuel and making the safety on the gas nozzle shutdown or click off?!? Whatever.. but that’s because the damn vent valve has malfunctioned and is closed instead of being opened when the ignition is off. Comprende?

·
Registered
16 VT
586 Posts
I did say it is a normally open valve. Did you read it correctly? This thread wasn't about fuel fill anyways and I politely disagreed, thank you for opinion. God bless America!

·
Registered
16 VT
586 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
356 Posts
Thanks bud!
Book marked and going to read later. 👍
Thanks. 🙏🏽

21 - 31 of 31 Posts