Veloster Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
Nope :p

I'm saying to get edumacated before making a big decision like that. Coilovers are expensive and so is aftermarket shocks/springs. Know why you would want them before you drop $1k or more on coils. Just stay away from Megan.

Another advantage of coilovers is the shock is designed for the spring that it comes with, and should perform better so long as you stay within it's range of optimal performance. TL;DR, don't drop it more than 1 1/2" and you should be fine.

Read this: https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1408733

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
I was planning on staying away from Megan to begin with. I was gonna go either KSport or BC. I do want the coils for the adjustable stiffness and the drop customization. I would have to keep it relatively close to stock anyway because of the way my driveway is. Eventually I was wanting to go lower once I get flares and new wheels, but that's really far down the road. I just want them now for the stiffness adjustments, and then for the drop

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
I guess I'll put some more words here...

I've decided to put off upgrading V for the time being. I'm about to start vocational school, and I'll be put into a paid internship after I finish and get my certifications, which I'm using most of that money to finally build my PC I've been wanting for so long.

After that though, I'll be on track to get V ready for the Chasing the Dragon hill climb in NC next May. Roll cage, suspension upgrades, that side of things. Jim at piercemotorsports is helping me out a bit with those upgrades, but it will be a while before I do anything else car wise. I'm going to try to get into autocrossing soon enough since the SCCA does events within a couple hours from me all year, but the main goal is to run that hill climb next year.

So I'm signing off this thread for a while. I'll see what Ian has up his sleeve for his Subie and follow what Olli does with his new Golf, and I'll really give an update once the next few months are over. Hope you've enjoyed so far, but the best is yet to come!

·
Super Moderator
4,335 Posts
Nice mod, What is that called? Schmashin Bumper Delete? ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #169 (Edited)
Alright. So since JKT won VOTM, and I don't plan on doing any more major upgrades to V, I'm going to go ahead and be done with the build thread, and more than likely the forum. I may pop up here and there, but most of the people I like are gone lol. I'll leave some final pics. It's been real guys. Hopefully my build inspired more people to do things themselves and appreciate it more. Thats what V was all about. Never did I put her in a shop for mods. SO much of my sweat and tears are in this car (some blood too), and I love that it's really MY car.

Mods can do whatever they want with my thread. I'm done unless I message one of you guys.

One final note: JK sucks. Worst VOTM winner choice since I've been on the forum. I have no ill feelings about saying that. That's all

161 - 170 of 170 Posts