Veloster Forum banner

41 - 60 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
A build will never truly be done.
I want to do so much more cosmetically, but sadly I am in College :( I have no extra money

I don't really need performance, unless I get into AutoX, but I haven't found anything close to me here in SC

·
Registered
452 Posts
You won't always be in college, though.
Many people think in short-term, thinking they need all of their mods now. You have time, it will take time to get everything lol.

If you want performance, go for handling. Pierce Motorsports is the place to check.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
You won't always be in college, though.
Many people think in short-term, thinking they need all of their mods now. You have time, it will take time to get everything lol.

If you want performance, go for handling. Pierce Motorsports is the place to check.
I will definitely be investing in a torsion bar. Tired of the sliding feeling on bumps

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Also been having some trouble with the tranny... may have to get the cylinders in the clutch looked at. The shift from 1st to 2nd is extremely rough at high RPM's... hopefully I havent burnt the clutch out already :(
I have an appointment with the dealer on Saturday to see if there's anything wrong with my clutch components. Guy on the phone said they'll look at the cylinders, fluid, and all the other components in my clutch. Hopefully I don't have to warranty a new clutch! :(

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
So after calling around, no custom shop near me do tint on taillights. They all do Niteshade type things, so I'm just gonna save $75 and do it myself. Hopefully soon, if not today.

Spoiler is held at customs in LA at the moment, Greg gets it, then I'll have it, hopefully within 3 weeks.

Bought an HID kit from Kuuga, so hopefully that will get here soon.

Rims and calipers will be done when the spoiler gets here!

Should have all the future mods done within the next month!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Fresh off my win in VOTM/ROTM, Here is how my Friday went. I lied when I said I was gonna get film, it was too hard to locate, and I already had the niteshades. I did NO SANDING WHATSOEVER. It dried with a slight matte look, but it was more gloss than matte, so i'm riding with it. May polish if needed, but I think i'll leave it
Before:

After 1 coat:

After 2 coats / finished lights:

On Car (feat. Dad):

Parking lights on:

Very very pleased with the niteshades. I didn't have a rough time with them at all, unlike some people i've read about. Now to update that sig!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Nice, black out the reflectors too.
Congrats on VOTM as well, Mr Ambitious ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Got the HID kit this morning, got it installed about an hour ago, and to my disappointment, one of the ballasts were bad. Just ordered a new one from xenonsupply about 25 minutes ago, so until then i might just have to ride with one light and tell the cops i'm waiting on my replacement part, or use a parents car until it gets here lol

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Had V out for the first time at night since getting the new ballast installed, and I can honestly say that this is the best mod for the money. HID is a very VERY great mod and worth every drop of blood and sweat I put into it LOL

I need to go take some pictures.... :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Just got word from Greg my spoiler will be shipped today sometime, which means between 4-5 days to delivery! Can't wait!!

Should I fill in the sequence with the red on my trim? Or leave it black? Help me out!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Make it purple.
I like purple.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Make it red, black won't make it stand out. Assuming you want it to, that's why you buy a spoiler for a V.

·
Registered
452 Posts
If you're gonna be a ricer then your logical next step is to half ass spray paint some stencils in random spots on your velo.
Why don't you buy some aluminum and make your own spoiler as well?

41 - 60 of 170 Posts