Veloster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Today, my grandparents finally got me my WVU logo emblem, and since i'm kind of going for a blackout (minus the red, of course XD) I painted the emblem black with the same paint I used for my Hyundai emblems, here is the result:
wvu_edit.jpg

As you can see, I put it on the empty license plate on the front of the car, and I have to say... I'm very pleased with the result
front_wv_edit.jpg
whole_car_edit.jpg

So happy I was able to put some heritage on my car

Next up, Graduation on Saturday!!

Off topic: I'm starting to like photography. Dad's Canon is a baller

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
As promised, here is the setup

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j2ycvkbnaoukcoa/AAAFv4fMuqP6gz6HoS1byXF0a?dl=0

P.S. Sorry I sound like a prissy girl, this is the first real car thing I've ever done, and I'm super stoked I did it

P.P.S I was talking to my girlfriend on FaceTime while I did this, so the random talking to someone is her, but if you want to pretend I was talking to you, be my guest XD

P.P.P.S I used a 3" - 4" Spectre cone filter. Also used a 2.5" -> 3" Spectre silicone coupler. I'll be changing this to a metal pipe when I can find one thats the same setup, to make me feel loads more comfortable about this

I never knew doing an intake swap like this would give a BOV sound too. It's actually loud! Without the high whistle of other BOV's i've heard

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Your car is so quiet.
Help me out then Tuns! I can't afford an exhaust at the moment, so all I could think of to make it a little louder is an intake. Maybe a res delete but I got other things i'm doing before I get to that. Gonna try to get all the cosmetic stuff done before doing any performance.

It really is pretty loud in person though. That was my phone I used for that video. The intake sucking in air when I floor it makes it sound like a monster is under my hood

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just ordered the Sequence spoiler. Should be here in about a month. Going to be either filling in the Sequence part red, or just outlining it in red, haven't decided. When it gets here, going to paint the rims and calipers, touch ups, and hopefully I can get my taillights blacked out soon. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Jeez, anybody remember what it was like to be 18 and get stuff from your parent and grandparents? Youth is wasted on the young! Congrats, dude, your V is killer.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Jeez, anybody remember what it was like to be 18 and get stuff from your parent and grandparents? Youth is wasted on the young! Congrats, dude, your V is killer.
Many thanks my friend!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This week is vacation week for me and the fam, so we came up to the Outer Banks for a while. Naturally I went out and did a photoshoot around town. Here are some of the highlights

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Had to replace both of my license plate lights tonight. Didn't bother with LED's yet, just went to advance and picked up a 2-pack of 194 bulbs. Little bigger than the others, but they work just fine

Going to have my tailights tinted, not niteshade. I'd like to have a reversible effect if I end up not liking it. Going to call around tomorrow afternoon for some quotes

Spoiler should be here in the next few weeks, hopefully by mid July, once I get it, all the rest of my paint wants will be done. Red SEQUENCE on the wing, black weels, red calipers, might have to wet sand the passenger side trim, as some orange peel showed itself the other week, and the god awful soot from my exhaust is staining the back trim black, so i'll have to find a way around that lol.

Got lots planned for V this summer. Hopefully she'll be all done by VelosterCon!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Also been having some trouble with the tranny... may have to get the cylinders in the clutch looked at. The shift from 1st to 2nd is extremely rough at high RPM's... hopefully I havent burnt the clutch out already :(

·
Registered
452 Posts
SchmashinPrunes said:
Got lots planned for V this summer. Hopefully she'll be all done by VelosterCon!
A build will never truly be done.

21 - 40 of 170 Posts