Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few weeks back, I asked the forum if there was a way to take the side trim off to paint it. After seeing what Brad did with his Neo-Chrome, I taped the side pieces off with tape and newspaper, then put packing blankets over the top of the car to protect from overspray. I took off the front and back pieces, which were held on by 9 screws on the back, and 6 on the front. There was a plastic cover in the front I had to take off to get to those screws, but it was worth it (I didn't have to take off the bumper thank God). So after a Saturday filled with getting covered in car dust, exhaust soot, and plenty of red paint, I present the final product. My VT build has officially started! :cool: back opt.JPG Front opt.JPG other side opt.JPG

·
Registered
452 Posts
Me gusta.
What's next on the list?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Doing this too! But in Navy Blue, now what kind of paint did you use?? lol

·
Registered
452 Posts
Got a sequence spoiler im gonna order within the next month from Socal, some LED floor lights, and painting the rims!
Me gusta x2.
What color rims? Dark grey, black, red?
If you get LEDs of any sort, Diode Dynamics is the best. I'm pretty sure they don't make footwell/floor lights though.

I look forward to the customizations :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me gusta x2.
What color rims? Dark grey, black, red?
If you get LEDs of any sort, Diode Dynamics is the best. I'm pretty sure they don't make footwell/floor lights though.

I look forward to the customizations :)
I may skip the LED, havent quite decided on it yet. Definitely going to do all black with red calipers behind it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks nice! Go ahead and create yourself a build thread (link in my signature)...or if you want to I can move this one to the build thread section, up to you!
I dont know the forum good enough to do that so since youre offering!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice lol, did you clear coat it at all?

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I dont know the forum good enough to do that so since youre offering!
I have moved your thread to the build section area, if you want me to rename the thread just let me know.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice lol, did you clear coat it at all?
I put 2 coats of gloss clear coat on the front lip, but it seemed to dull the shine a bit, so i left it off the rest

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quick update while i'm thinking about it

Within the next few weeks, i'm either going to A) buy the sequence style spoiler from Socal, or try to convince my dad to let me get the ARK GT Wing

B) Paint the wheels and calipers their respective colours (glossy black wheels, glossy red calipers)

C) I've decided to skip the floor LED. Instead i'm going to try to get new red bulbs for the parking lights, and maybe even black out the inside of the headlights

D) Was wanting to get the GT-S lowering springs, but the drop would be too great to even get over the curb of my driveway XD, so may skip those too

If anyone has any suggestions on what i could do to make my V even better, I'm all ears!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Get a Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Bar.
Also, get Rigid Collars.

Customize with your visions and ideas. Instead of buying pre-constructed items, try some DIYs for your car.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DIY is a hard thing around my house. My parents are sticklers when it comes to something with risk. I was gonna do the BPV to BOV mod but they wouldn't let me because "it might mess something up"

On the torsion bar, I've heard those things are a delight. Might get a front brace too. Definitely wanting to get an intake. Either Injen or the Beast Mode

1 - 20 of 170 Posts