Veloster Forum banner

V Born on date

Tags
born date
54K views 189 replies 142 participants last post by  Craigmri 
#1 ·
so I noticed my V was built JUL/14/11
does anyone have a date around this time?
I find it interesting this car was built before the strike...

#2 ·
7/24/11 here.

#6 ·
Hey guys, my V's born date is 10/18/11 and I too feel I have that 1st-2nd gear acceleration lag BS. I still think it's a "glitch" with the DBW system. There's gotta be something Hyundai can do to reprogram this lag if that's the issue. Case-in-point: My GSR I street-tuned used to have a sort of a lag between every gear. I went in and adjusted the fueling and timing in the entire expanded resolution map and slowly but surely I got it to have instant acceleration without lag in any gear from any gear. I also shaved about a second off the quarter just by fixing that lag I had. Now if I can do that with share-ware on a chipped P72, why can't Hyundai do that with all their fancy-schmancy stuff they have in 2012? Answer me that Batman...

#9 ·
mine was made 8/27/11.

#13 · (Edited)
08/19/2011 purchased 10/17/2011 with less than 3 miles on it, Ironman Silver Style/Tech automatic -- not sure if it is me or the car, but the 1st and 2nd gear thing isn't as noticeable as it was at first. Maybe I just have my pedal to the metal earlier. Whatever -- I love it.

#15 ·
KMHTC6AD6CU043498

"Can you tell when it was born? It is a dealer car...
"

When you open the hatchback, the cover (underside of the tonneau cover) comes up and there is a sticker on the left hand side of mine that has a date on it. It's the size of a postage stamp with a date on it. I suppose this is the "birth certificate". It probably appears in a few more places, if not on paperwork.

#21 ·
Another Jul/29/2011 here, PB3's car and mine were litter mates!

I'll squash the thought on the build date being the cause of engine woes/lag, mine has never missed a beat, perfect shift between 1-2 every time as long as I'm on the money and not missing it.

#22 ·
my marathon blue v was built on 11/18/11 and delivered 1/16/12

#29 ·
Birth date on the "Stink Bug" = Sept 1st, 2011

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.