Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I noticed my V was built JUL/14/11
does anyone have a date around this time?
I find it interesting this car was built before the strike...

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
7/24/11 here.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Hey guys, my V's born date is 10/18/11 and I too feel I have that 1st-2nd gear acceleration lag BS. I still think it's a "glitch" with the DBW system. There's gotta be something Hyundai can do to reprogram this lag if that's the issue. Case-in-point: My GSR I street-tuned used to have a sort of a lag between every gear. I went in and adjusted the fueling and timing in the entire expanded resolution map and slowly but surely I got it to have instant acceleration without lag in any gear from any gear. I also shaved about a second off the quarter just by fixing that lag I had. Now if I can do that with share-ware on a chipped P72, why can't Hyundai do that with all their fancy-schmancy stuff they have in 2012? Answer me that Batman...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys, my V's born date is 10/18/11 and I too feel I have that 1st-2nd gear acceleration lag BS. I still think it's a "glitch" with the DBW system. There's gotta be something Hyundai can do to reprogram this lag if that's the issue. Case-in-point: My GSR I street-tuned used to have a sort of a lag between every gear. I went in and adjusted the fueling and timing in the entire expanded resolution map and slowly but surely I got it to have instant acceleration without lag in any gear from any gear. I also shaved about a second off the quarter just by fixing that lag I had. Now if I can do that with share-ware on a chipped P72, why can't Hyundai do that with all their fancy-schmancy stuff they have in 2012? Answer me that Batman...
so happy to hear you say that bro, I hope this can be fixed somehow, ill do anything for a smooth acceleration experience

·
Registered
894 Posts
mine was made 8/27/11.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
08/19/2011 purchased 10/17/2011 with less than 3 miles on it, Ironman Silver Style/Tech automatic -- not sure if it is me or the car, but the 1st and 2nd gear thing isn't as noticeable as it was at first. Maybe I just have my pedal to the metal earlier. Whatever -- I love it.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
KMHTC6AD6CU043498

"Can you tell when it was born? It is a dealer car...
"

When you open the hatchback, the cover (underside of the tonneau cover) comes up and there is a sticker on the left hand side of mine that has a date on it. It's the size of a postage stamp with a date on it. I suppose this is the "birth certificate". It probably appears in a few more places, if not on paperwork.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
"
easier, the build plate on the drivers door jamb, you see it every time you open the door.
"

Not sure it is any easier, but it certainly seems more official. My door jamb one says 08/22/2011 -- three days after the tonneau cover sticker. Again, I think you will find dates stuck all over the car, but I would suggest that dianebrat probably has focused on the the most used sticker -- accurate or otherwise. : )

·
Registered
593 Posts
As you have heard by now, I am still looking for a Yellow Veloster with full option in manual transmission.
There is non available in the country. So out of curiosity, I looked for white Velosters, instead, on Autotrader.com and found out that there is a fully optioned white one with manual transmission at the dealer that is helping me. But look what they did to the car. Even if the film can be taken off, my choice of seat material is cloth, not vinyl - it is just too cold in winter. And they painted the wheels white.... I am going to plastidip in black.

The VIN I posted above was that of this car below. I was wondering how long the car has been sitting at the dealership.
Your car shows a production date of 11/17/11.
Thank you.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Do I ask if they would take the film off for me and switch out the seats with another car with cloth seats? They have four cars in stock.. three are automatic. Are the bubbling seats vinyl or cloth?

1 - 20 of 190 Posts