Veloster Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
didn't have to do the exe. just replacing the iris folder w/ yours worked like a charm. lets see how long this goes for or if any new problems arise! Thanks a million Dezoris!!!! if you ever find yourself in NE Ohio hit me up beers are on me!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
i've been in and out of the car on short trips all day. so far so good! thanks again. now hopefully we can figure out something before i get forced to take tl0

·
Registered
36 Posts
@Dezoris Do you know if there is a way to keep the shuffle option on as well? I usually have to hit it every time I get in the car. I like to have it on to get through all my music.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't believe you fixed it, simply amazing. You're the man!!!

Thank you, Thank you so much! Now my life is much better :D

PS: I have a brazilian Veloster and works on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's a known side effect of having Gracenote enabled if it always happens, I now know all the words to A by BNL. It will also do that if the iphone/ipod has had the DB rewritten with new songs from a sync and no longer has a "last song played" up in "Now Playing"
LOL that is the same song I have heard a dozen times since i bought my VT for the same reason

·
Registered
60 Posts
So I tried installing the software that Dezoris created, got it on the USB key, inserted it into my car, pressed down on the setup/info button, got the keypad to enter the code he provided.. It tells me that code 95829582 does not work "Please try password again". Is there another code to be used depending on model/year? or am I missing a step?

Any help would be great, I'm tired of having the first song on my playlist star everytime I turn the car on, I've heard Avicii like a million times now!

Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
So I tried installing the software that Dezoris created, got it on the USB key, inserted it into my car, pressed down on the setup/info button, got the keypad to enter the code he provided.. It tells me that code 95829582 does not work "Please try password again". Is there another code to be used depending on model/year? or am I missing a step?

Any help would be great, I'm tired of having the first song on my playlist star everytime I turn the car on, I've heard Avicii like a million times now!

Thanks
Hi I'm new to all this I just got my VT on Monday....and I have to say I love it,

Ok to get to the WINDOWS CE screen press 7314 8320 then wait about 10 seconds and it'll pop up automatically. Hope this helps

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
.. Replace the iris folder with the one attached and reboot the system afterwards.
So just delete the iris folder: \Storage Card2\DATA\Iris
Then copy the irs folder I attached.
.. just replacing the iris folder w/ yours worked like a charm. lets see how long this goes for or if any new problems arise! ..
This worked like a charm for me except that now I don't get any album art displayed on the screen. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Looks like I spoke too soon, it's consistently going back to the first song if I leave the car for a few hours.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I am very thankful that this thread and all of its relevant files are still here. As some of you may know from one of my recent posts, my touch screen died on my original head unit. My extended warranty covered the cost of the new head unit. I had just recently purchased a map update from mapnsoft (which also updates the firmware) they worked with me to get the update installed on my replacement head unit for free. All was well for about a week and then today my songs started playing from the first song on the thumb drive not resuming. I am happy to report that this method still worked for me even though I had the latest firmware. You need to hold the Info/Setup button for 5 seconds. then when test mode 2.1 shows up you have to tap the upper left, lower left, upper right, then lower right corner of your screen IN THAT ORDER. IT will allow you to enter the code (you now need to use 7314 8320 as the original code no longer works) then follow the instructions from page 1 of this thread and your problems should be resolved!

·
Registered
66 Posts
You need to hold the Info/Setup button for 5 seconds. then when test mode 2.1 shows up you have to tap the upper left, lower left, upper right, then lower right corner of your screen IN THAT ORDER. IT will allow you to enter the code (you now need to use 7314 8320 as the original code no longer works) then follow the instructions from page 1 of this thread and your problems should be resolved!
This problem drove me crazy!!!! :eek: Not only did the playback always start with the first song, but the shuffle function also always 'shuffled' in the same order. I knew what song was coming next, regardless if I forwarded or went back! Using sbuxreg's way to enter Windows CE, combined with Dezoris' procedure from page 1 (post #8) and the iris.zip download from post #40, everything works like a charm again!!!! Thanks you for this!

Reactions: sbuxreg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wish I would have read this entire post the first time. I saw the fix (IRIS) and when it didn't work on my 2.1 stereo, I started hunting around Google for the new setup code, (four corners) and then the CE code. After looking off and on for a few freakin' days, I came back to this post. Thanks to leezo72 for the CE code... All is well. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does anyone thing there is a file we could change to enable the song information displayed between drives?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just purchased a 2015 RE-FLEX edition and I am having the problem while having my iPod plugged in. I tried disabling Gracenote and the problem persisted. I tried uploading the Iris file, but I couldn't get to the Windows CE screen.

Anyone have any other ideas that might work? I have software version 5.1.58(NA) and no nav system.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you have the "keeps playing fist song" issue (mine does sometime, and doesn't sometime), here's my fix:

When the dreaded first track starts playing, I hit Menu > Shuffle > Shuffle, then change tracks. Problem solved.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you have the "keeps playing fist song" issue (mine does sometime, and doesn't sometime), here's my fix:

When the dreaded first track starts playing, I hit Menu > Shuffle > Shuffle, then change tracks. Problem solved.
Yeah, but I want it to continue playing the same playlist it was just playing. I tried purchasing a Hyundai iPod connector cable, but it does nothing more than allowing the iPod to charge while putting the audio through the Aux input.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts